UNESCO Institute for Statistics
Key features of the UIS website include:
- The UIS Database: the first stop for education data from around the world, updated by annual surveys. From primary school enrolments to tertiary graduation rates, the database includes indicators on literacy, vocational education, early childhood education, gender, teachers, education quality and financing.
- Education for All and Millennium Development Goals: the UIS monitors international commitments towards these education related goals.
- World Education Indicators Program: focusing on the quality of education and equity of access in diverse countries through assessments like the world survey of primary education.
- Science and Technology Surveys: track investments in research and development worldwide while monitoring factors related to so-called "brain drain".
- Media and Information and Communications Technology: in addition to print and broadcast media surveys, the UIS is developing a framework to monitor diverse components of the digital divide.
- Cultural data: a new survey tracks the flows of cultural goods and trade imbalances between industrialized and developing countries.
The UIS website also features analytical reports on global trends in education financing, literacy, out-of-school children, and teacher qualifications in addition to technical guides on international standards of education, notably ISCED.
Latest documents from UNESCO Institute for Statistics
Estimating the number of out-of-school children: methodological problems and alternative approaches - India case studyA. De, C.S. Mehra / UNESCO Institute for Statistics, 2016DocumentUNESCO Institute for Statistics, 2011DocumentA. Motivans, A. Acoca, A. Otchet / UNESCO Institute for Statistics, 2009DocumentP.G. Altbach, L. Reisberg, L.E. Rumbley / UNESCO Institute for Statistics, 2009DocumentJ.D. Sherman, J.M. Poirier / UNESCO Institute for Statistics, 2007