Team Leader/ PADMPME Programme Support to Women Entrepreneurs
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change during project preparation and implementation - by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We will continue to position ourselves as a premium organisation, with decentralised management. Our Global Support Unit (70 staff) backstops our teams around the world.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
The PADMPME programme aims to support the growth of MSMEs and to increase employment and entrepreneurship opportunities for young people and women in the targeted areas in the Democratic Republic of Congo. A specific sub-component will support women entrepreneurs in order to help women who work independently, subsistence entrepreneurs and those who run home or family businesses, through technical assistance and financing of simplified business plans. The consultant will be responsible for building the capacity of local partners and transferring skills through training of trainers and technical assistance. The project will be implemented in the urban areas of Matadi, Lubumbashi, Goma and Kinshasa and has a duration of 36 months.
Overview of the Position
The Team Leader will have overall responsibility and accountability of the programme which includes ensuring the contract is implemented as agreed, overall program management, supervision of human resources, administration, logistics, procurement; managing consortium partners, and ensuring quality control and timeliness of all deliverables including reporting as required by the donor.
- Manage the overall programme set-up and design, development and implementation of the fund;
- Strengthen SNV’s collaborative relationship with Steering Committee, Line Ministries, and provincial and district authorities and other stakeholders;
- Update the work plan and budget periodically and in response to actual implementation opportunities and challenges;
- Account and report to the donor and consortium partners on programme performance and progress;
- Prepare Fund reports;
- Monitor and ensure performance of the programme and ensure that all milestones are met according to donor requirements, develop mitigation plans to reduce setbacks and take corrective actions to remedy any deviation from work plan(s);
- Overall management of resources allocated to the project;
- A postgraduate qualification in Economics, Finance, Development, Business School, Engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of 7 years or more in management of private sector/SME development projects and /or businesses;
- Have demonstrated experience in support of businesses led by women (training, coaching, networking);
- Experience in formulation, development, analysis and competition of business plans;
- Have proven knowledge of the business environment of the MSME sector, in particular with regard to the promotion of women entrepreneurs in sub-Saharan Africa;
- Excellent command and knowledge of French (Required);
- Experience with international donors;
Contract Type: International
Contract Duration: 2 years with strong options of extension
Expected Start Date: March 2020
Duty Station: Kinshasa, DRC
How to Apply:
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV in English until January 6, 2020.
Working at SNV:
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal global network of experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement
NB: Only shortlisted will be contacted