- Opportunity to work with the Incentive Fund Phase 4 team
- Contract to June 2021
- Start date April 2019
- Port Moresby with frequent travel to provinces, Papua New Guinea
The Incentive Fund Phase 4 (IF4) aims to attract, identify and incentivise high performing organisations to expand the reach, coverage and quality of their contribution to service delivery and/or economic development in Papua New Guinea (PNG). Projects previously funded include the redevelopment of markets, schools, health aid posts, clinics and hospitals and the construction of marketplaces and bridges.
IF4 funding may be allocated to support activities in a range of sectors including but not limited to health; education (with an emphasis on TVET); agriculture and rural development; WASH; renewable energy; and telecommunications.
Within these broad parameters, a minimum of:
1. 50% will be allocated to infrastructure;
2. 80% will support empowerment of women and girls; and
3. 20% will support private sector investment.
IF4 commenced mid-2015 and will disburse grants ranging in value from AUD500,000 to AUD5million to high performing organisations throughout PNG that are approved by the Strategic Management Group. IF4 also implements Special Projects at the direct request of DFAT. The Contract has a six-year term to June 2021.
The Team Leader is responsible for building key relationships with stakeholders including liaison with DFAT and Government of Papua New Guinea (GoPNG) stakeholders, a broad range of PNG organisations and the Strategic Management Group (SMG) and Operational Management Group (OMG). The Team Leader must ensure successful project management, financial management, monitoring, evaluation, program reporting and leadership skills to deliver a high performing Incentive Fund program including targeted large-scale infrastructure, private sector and economic growth investments.
The Team Leader must deliver the following key functions:
- Understand the local context and political economy to meet the demand for IF4 management, planning and implementation capabilities and private sector engagement
- Advocate for gender and social inclusion (GESI) at all levels including engagement with other DFAT funded programs
- Efficiently manage the Incentive Fund and Strategic project mechanisms to ensure timely delivery and robust program performance and responsiveness to emerging strategic priorities
- Lead delivery of all IF4 reporting including Annual Plans, Annual Reports, Progress and Quarterly Reports; M&E; Risk Management Plans and all aspects of program operations including financial management and budget forecasting. The reports should identify any recommendations for decision or action by DFATDemonstrate continuous improvement and streamlining of governance arrangements and grant proposal processes leading to delivery of successful end-of-program outcomes
- Coach and mentor the SMG and OMG to deliver a targeted and relevant portfolio of projects
- Ensure the IF4 team provide enhanced management support for and improvement implementation oversight processes of funded projects
- Ensure increased emphasis on high-quality public diplomacy products including increased focus on targeted outreach to increase the quality and quantity of project proposals
- Ensure an appropriate team structure and effective leadership and management of the IF4 team including building staff capacity and proactively managing staff performance.
- Deliver the end-of-program position. This means staying loyal to the agreed IF4 logic and delivering the Performance Assessment Framework results through the implementation of appropriate annual plans
The ideal candidate for this key position will have relevant tertiary qualification or at least five years proven effective Team Leadership in addition to executive-level management experience preferably in PNG and/or the Pacific implementing a major development activity engaging with DFAT at all levels. You will have at least five years of experience managing multi-million-dollar budgets, planning expenditure to annual priorities, financial reporting on expenditure and variance, and adjusting budgets and activities as required. The ideal candidate will have proven experience managing programs with clear gender equality, child protection, disability inclusion development and social inclusion policy, practice and outcomes in addition to experience ensuring an appropriate health safety and security (HSS) environment for the delivery of projects for staff and operations in remote locations.
You will have the proven ability to flexibly lead and manage a multi-disciplinary team in a complex project management environment including effective change management. To be successful in this role, you will have the proven ability to maintain and foster strong relationships and partnerships with IF4 stakeholders, with demonstrated ability to work with civil society organisations, private and public sector management. You will have a comprehensive understanding of the processes in a complex grant management cycle and have demonstrated understanding and experience of a project performance management cycle of planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting.
We seek a self-motivator able to drive a ‘can-do’ team culture. Effective interpersonal, leadership and management skills are required as well as demonstrated ability to assess and work sensitively in a cross-cultural multi-stakeholder context.
This position is classified Category C4 under the DFAT Adviser Remuneration Framework. Please visit https://dfat.gov.au/about-us/publications/Documents/adviser-remuneration-framework-2016.pdf for further details.
How to apply:
For a detailed position description and to apply for this position, please visit www.coffey.com/careers and search for the job reference number 497707.
Applications close 5.00pm (PNG time) 29th March 2019.
For further enquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program is managed by Coffey, a Tetra Tech company, on behalf of the Australian Government.
Coffey is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection.