Student Assistant in Development Finance
ACGF– Afghan Credit Guarantee Foundation is a charitable foundation based in Cologne, Germany and an office in Berlin. ACGF was founded in September 2014 by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and DEG – Deutsche Investitions- und Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH (a member of the KFW Group). ACGF is further supported with funds provided by the World Bank via the Afghan Government and by KfW Development Bank.
ACGF's mission is to improve access to finance for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in Afghanistan by providing credit guarantees and related technical assistance to Partner Institutions (PIs) – banks, micro-finance, and micro-deposit institutions. ACGF implements its mandate by providing partial credit guarantees to Afghan financial institutions for loans extended to Afghan SMEs. Likewise, ACGF provides comprehensive related technical assistance (TA) to its PIs to establish and develop best practice SME lending capacity, e.g., through the support of capacity building initiatives, the establishment of best-practice SME lending processes and procedures, and the introduction of new lending products. ACGF is also in the process of establishing matching grant and start-up facilities for businesses in Afghanistan.
ACGF is closely working with its Afghan subsidiary SME Client Support Afghanistan LLC (SCSA) based in Kabul and Mazar-i-Sharif.
ACGF is part of the LANDT-Network (www.landt-group.com), a group of aligned institutions with headquarters in Berlin. The group employs more than 60 people and focuses on the establishment and management of Credit Guarantee Funds for the promotion of SMEs in developing countries, as well as further consulting activities.
ACGF is looking for a Student Assistant (m/w/*) to support the Technical Assistance Department based in Cologne, that manages all Technical Assistance activities of ACGF.
Your core tasks:
Supporting the Technical Assistance Department in the following functions:
- Planning, design, implementation, and management of Technical Assistance projects, i.e., study tours, capacity building projects, and product development.
- Monitoring of Technical Assistance projects
- Preparation of presentations and meeting materials
- Conducting research and analysis in connection with development finance related topics
- Keeping track of relevant government policies and donor activities in the areas of agriculture, renewable energies, as well as women finance
Providing administrative & office management support (around 40% of the workload)
- Managing outgoing and incoming post
- Maintaining stock lists and procurement of office supplies as needed
- Physical and digital data storage as needed
Providing ad-hoc support to other departments and ACGF Management as needed
- Enrolled Master or Bachelor student, preferably in Business Administration, Economics, Public Policy or similar with interest in development cooperation/development finance
- Experience in project management, renewable energies, agriculture finance and/ or women finance is an advantage
- Excellent command in written and oral English and written command of German of at least B1
- Excellent use of MS Office products (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point)
- Good communication (internal and external) and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under time pressure
- Attention to detail
- Ability to integrate in a multi-cultural team
- Self-dependent, reliable, team-oriented and interested in a long-term engagement
You will work in a young, multi-cultural and dedicated team and be part of a charitable foundation that creates a visible impact in the country of operation. Moreover, ACGF offers:
- Insights into all business segments at ACGF
- Possibility to work with professionals both in Germany and Afghanistan (travels to Afghanistan are not required)
- Adequate salary
- Flexible working hours and possibility to partly work from home
- Increase of working hours during the semester break is – dependent on the available workload - possible
Further information can be found on the website www.acgf de. Please apply with a cover letter (in English), and up-to-date curriculum vitae and academic transcript (overview of grades) until February 28, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. For any questions regarding this position, please contact Mrs. Carmen Michaelis at firstname.lastname@example.org.