Short Term Adviser, Gender Equality, Disability and Social Inclusion
Why Tetra Tech International Development?
As a leading global development consulting firm, our purpose is to contribute to a world where people, communities and the planet thrive.
Tetra Tech International Development works with governments, businesses and NGOs to solve complex development challenges. Our dedicated team helps partners including DFAT, USAID and the Asian Development Bank to deliver effective and sustainable projects in more than 80 countries around the world.
- Short Term Adviser, Gender Equality, Disability and Social Inclusion (GEDSI) position
- Up to 15 days over an initial 6-month pilot period, with the possibility of an extension
- Home-based, with in-country travel as required
Tetra Tech is implementing a donor-funded civil society grants activity in Indonesia which seeks to create a better enabling environment by which vulnerable and marginalised community members, including women and people with disabilities, are more actively involved in infrastructure planning and delivery. The activity involves a collaborative partnership between the Government of Indonesia (GoI), civil society and the broader community, and includes employment and economic empowerment opportunities.
The activity will provide small grants and support the capacity development of local civil society organisations (CSOs) and disabled persons organisations (DPOs) to undertake gender and social inclusion-focused action research, facilitate community engagement and participation in infrastructure processes. CSOs/DPOs will engage with the private sector, undertake community-led monitoring and run awareness-raising campaigns. By assisting local CSOs/DPOs to engage with local governments and report on good practices the activity will inform evidence-based policies and practices on infrastructure and civil society engagement that can be translated into local regulations.
The GEDSI Advisor will provide strategic leadership and the identification and sharing of learning in relation to GEDSI for the activity. Working closely with the Team Leader and National Service Provider, the GEDSI Adviser will support the development, implementation and periodic review/reflections on the different approaches used for GEDSI at both the national level and within the target locations, and the revision of approaches based on lessons learned.
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
- Extensive experience in GEDSI advocacy strategies/campaigning (in Indonesia and elsewhere);
- Successful leadership of program/teams focusing on GEDSI;
- Extensive experience in developing and maintaining good relations with different stakeholders in Indonesia (National and local Governments, National and local CSOs);
- Proven capability in seeking and implementing creative and innovative solutions to challenges;
- Understanding of and commitment to aid safeguard issues, specifically child protection, gender mainstreaming and disability inclusion;
- Experience working with people in a cross-cultural environment;
- Excellent stakeholder engagement, communication, and relationship management skills;
- Existing links/networks with CSOs in Indonesia;
- Indonesian language skills;
- Demonstrated agent of change;
- Ability to act as a mentor and role model.
How to Apply
To view a detailed position description and to apply, please visit Tetra Tech International Development Careers and search for job number 499191. Please note that applications will only be accepted via the online application process on the Tetra Tech International Development Website.
For further enquiries, please contact us at IDEV.HRServices@tetratech.com and quote the job reference number 499191.
Applications close: Monday the 20th of September (5:00pm local Jakarta time).
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for this position.
Tetra Tech International Development has a 40-year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK's Department for International Development (now known as the Foreign and Commonwealth Development Office). Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people's lives.
Tetra Tech International Development has robust policies and guidelines which exemplify our commitment to safeguarding and technical excellence in gender equality. Our team of dedicated GEDSI advisers work closely with our staff and partners to ensure a context-specific and consistent approach is applied to all our programmes to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalised groups.
Tetra Tech International Development is also committed to respectful workplaces and does not tolerate sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment of any kind.
Tetra Tech International Development is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection.