Senior Manager, Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning
Why Tetra Tech International Development?
As a leading global development consulting firm, our purpose is to contribute to a world where people, communities and the planet thrive.
Tetra Tech International Development works with governments, businesses and NGOs to solve complex development challenges. Our dedicated team helps partners including DFAT, USAID and the Asian Development Bank to deliver effective and sustainable projects in more than 80 countries around the world.
- Senior Manager, Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL)
- Initial 6-month pilot phase with the possibility of an extension
- Based in Jakarta, Indonesia
Tetra Tech is implementing a donor-funded civil society grants activity in Indonesia which seeks to create a better enabling environment by which vulnerable and marginalised community members, including women and people with disabilities, are more actively involved in infrastructure planning and delivery. The activity involves a collaborative partnership between the Government of Indonesia (GoI), civil society and the broader community, and includes employment and economic empowerment opportunities.
The activity will provide small grants and support the capacity development of local civil society organisations (CSOs) and disabled persons organisations (DPOs) to undertake gender and social inclusion-focused action research, facilitate community engagement and participation in infrastructure processes. CSOs/DPOs will engage with the private sector, undertake community-led monitoring and run awareness-raising campaigns. By assisting local CSOs/DPOs to engage with local governments and report on good practices the activity will inform evidence-based policies and practices on infrastructure and civil society engagement that can be translated into local regulations.
The Senior Manager, MERL will provide the strategic leadership for MERL for the activity and will support the facilitation, establishment and implementation of a MERL system for the Activity. They will assume day-to-day management of the implementation of the system. This position will also ensure a strong gender equality, disability and social inclusion lens across all aspects of MERL on the project, as well as contributing to the development of a Grants Manual and Guidelines, which are to be communicated appropriately with CSO/DPO counterparts.
The successful applicant will exhibit:
- Demonstrated leadership in MERL in designing, developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation systems for donor funded programs;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with communities, civil society, local government representatives and other stakeholders;
- Comprehensive computer skills including Microsoft Windows Word, Excel, Office, Outlook and PowerPoint;
- Proven capability in seeking and implementing creative and innovative solutions to challenges;
- Understanding of and commitment to safeguarding issues, specifically child protection, gender mainstreaming and disability inclusion;
- Strong communication, facilitation skills and mentoring skills, including excellent writing skills;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in Bahasa Indonesian and English. Written skills in English are highly desirable;
- Knowledge of gender equality, disability and social inclusion considerations and previous experience with CSOs/DPOs;
- Experience in using SmartyGrants platform is an advantage;
- Commitment to quality and ability to maintain high standards;
- Excellent inter-personal skills for building and maintaining relationships and delivering messages;
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to work with people from different cultures and disciplines;
- Ability to present oral and written information strategically and clearly, to foster respect, dialogue, engagement and commitment from team members, partners, government and community stakeholders.
How to Apply
To view a detailed position description and to apply, please visit Tetra Tech International Development Careers and search for job number 499188. Please note that applications will only be accepted via the online application process on the Tetra Tech International Development Website.
For further enquiries, please contact us at IDEV.HRServices@tetratech.com and quote the job reference number 499188.
Applications close: Monday the 20th of September (5:00pm local Jakarta time).
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for this position.
Tetra Tech International Development has a 40-year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK's Department for International Development (now known as the Foreign and Commonwealth Development Office). Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people's lives.
Tetra Tech International Development has robust policies and guidelines which exemplify our commitment to safeguarding and technical excellence in gender equality. Our team of dedicated GEDSI advisers work closely with our staff and partners to ensure a context-specific and consistent approach is applied to all our programmes to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalised groups.
Tetra Tech International Development is also committed to respectful workplaces and does not tolerate sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment of any kind.
Tetra Tech International Development is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection.