Senior HR Business Partner
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Do you have significant Business Partnership experience gained within a large organisation and with multiple stakeholders?
Do you have Up to date knowledge of UK employment law, and current HR thinking and trends?
Do you have experience in contributing to medium-term strategic and operational business planning and delivering HR outcomes aligned to strategy
We are looking for a Senior HR Business Partner (Transformation) at a pivotal time of transition and change for the organisation.
What you’ll be doing:
In this role, you will be working with the Engagement Division leadership on their transformation agenda and the role will have a:
- Strong focus on the leadership, coordination and oversight of all people related change elements of the Retail Transformation Strategy. Be the organisational focal point for all retail transformation people related change information and to flag interdependencies across RTS workstreams, the wider Engagement Division and wider organisation
- focus will be on ensuring the development of a people and communications plan that underpins all transformational work streams; reporting on progress and outputs, resourcing, and resolving/removing any barriers to achievement.
The post holder will be a member of the HR Senior Management Team , and work closely with the Divisional Senior Management team including the Retail Leadership Team and wider Retail Transformation Programme Team.
We’re looking for a candidate who cares about Oxfam's mission to end poverty and is personally aligned to the values of empowerment, accountability and inclusion in all you do and our feminist principles.
An ideal candidate for the role will also be / have:
- Significant Business Partnership experience gained within a large organisation and with multiple stakeholders
- Up to date knowledge of UK employment law, and current HR thinking and trends
- Experienced in contributing to medium-term strategic and operational business planning and delivering HR outcomes aligned to strategy
- A role model for wellbeing and resilience
- Experience of providing hands on change management expertise within in a complex and or transformational change environment.
- Experience in designing and utilising change management tools (diagnosis workshops/ employee engagement)
- Strong stakeholder engagement abilities with strong emotional intelligence and the ability to work within an ambiguous environment.
- Strong collaborative and open communication style with the ability to quickly understand stakeholder requirement and drivers.
- Ability to work independently and be comfortable with ambiguity
- Experience in delivering process change and transformation
- Analytical skills, including using data to inform decision making
We believe that flexible working is key to building the Oxfam of the future, so we are open to talking through working arrangements (in terms of hours and homeworking) that might work for you, including job share. This role will be based in the location as stated above.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding:
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment by complying with our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of our organisation.
Conditional offers made in selection stages may also be subject appropriate screening checks. Oxfam GB participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this scheme we will take into account any live disciplinary sanctions a candidate may have when making the selection decision.
How to apply:
As part of your online application, please upload a copy of your CV and/or Cover Letter to our candidate portal.
We are hoping to conduct interview on the week commencing 5th of April.
Oxfam GB is a Disability Confident Employer. Should you be unable to submit your application online and would prefer an alternative method please contact our recruitment team (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you also want to discuss your application, please do contact us as well.
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of an international confederation of 19 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
A thriving diverse Oxfam:
It’s people power that brings about change. To play our part as a global organisation working to overcome poverty and inequality, we need equality, diversity and inclusion across our community of staff, partners and volunteers. Together, we’re committed to becoming a more diverse workforce, better able to tackle the global challenges that face our world today.
To do that:
- We need to dismantle the unequal power structures that exist everywhere, this including Oxfam and the wider development and charity sectors.
- We need an inclusive Oxfam where everyone can bring who they are to our work and feels celebrated for the differences they bring.
- We want and need everyone, and that means we need you.
In response to Covid-19 if you are offered a role where you are required to travel between countries please ensure you have been briefed by the Hiring Manager about any changes to working or precautions you should take as part of your role.