Senior Gender, Equality and Social Inclusion Adviser
Why Tetra Tech International Development?
As a leading global development consulting firm, our purpose is to contribute to a world where people, communities and the planet thrive.
Tetra Tech International Development works with governments, businesses and NGOs to solve complex development challenges. Our dedicated team helps partners including DFAT, USAID and the Asian Development Bank to deliver effective and sustainable projects in more than 80 countries around the world.
- Full time, 2-year contract with an attractive salary commensurate to reflect the seniority of the position
- Located at the Australian Embassy, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Provide advanced technical advice to DFAT and its local partners
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) through the Australian Embassy in Phnom Penh delivers Australia’s bilateral development cooperation program in Cambodia. The program comprises investments in a range of sectors including agriculture, health infrastructure, and social inclusion including gender-based violence.
Australia’s bilateral development cooperation program in Cambodia operates in a challenging and politically complex environment which requires significant leadership focus and sound management to manage emerging risks and achieve intended development aid outcomes.
Cambodia Aid Advisory Services (CAAS) will provide long and short-term advisory and non-advisory support to the Australian Embassy, Phnom Penh to enable the effective and efficient delivery of development cooperation to meet Australia’s foreign, economic and development policy objectives in Cambodia. The advisory services will also support the Cambodia COVID-19 Development Response Plan (2020-22), its successor plan and evolving program pipeline.
The Senior Gender, Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Adviser will provide advanced technical advice to DFAT and its local partners on gender and social inclusion mainstreaming and targeting across the Australian development cooperation program, including on implementation, monitoring and evaluation, designs and strategy development.
Specifically, the Senior Gender and Social Inclusion Adviser will:
- Work in a team to prepare the Embassy’s Gender Action Plan, and coordinate across teams to monitor, evaluate and report on the plan.
- Provide and assist in analysis of GESI risks/safeguarding, reporting, and program recommendations on social inclusion issues, including gender equality, women in leadership, indigenous peoples and disability inclusion.
- Monitor social inclusion issues and make strategic recommendations on areas which are not currently subject to specific measures, including possible marginalisation in relation to ethnicity, religion, sexuality or age.
- Undertake capacity development activities and mentor Embassy staff in the area of GESI.
- Promote the Embassy work on women’s economic empowerment, indigenous people’s rights, ending violence against women and girls and disability inclusion work through social media and public diplomacy events.
- Advise Embassy senior management on strategies to promote women in leadership internally and externally.
- Advise Embassy senior management on strategies to promote disability inclusion internally and externally.
- Prepare and coordinate social media posts on gender equality and social inclusion.
- Support Embassy staff on policy advocacy strategies and undertake policy dialogue and representation on behalf of the Embassy, on GESI issues such as gender-based violence and women, peace and security.
To be successful you will have the relevant tertiary qualification and significant experience providing technical advice on gender and social inclusion for the designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating International Development programs.
Together with your demonstrated ability to strengthen GESI outcomes through technical inputs to policy dialogue and development programming, including on both mainstreaming and targeted development activities in Southeast Asia, you will display strong judgement and ability to communicate with influence with senior internal and external stakeholders. A demonstrated commitment to lead teams and build the capacity of other staff is essential.
In addition, you will have a strong understanding of Australia’s Partnerships for Recovery policy and Australia’s bilateral cooperation with Cambodia and the proven ability to work collegiately with international and locally engaged staff in a cross-cultural context and a sometimes-high-pressure environment.
You will have excellent English verbal and written communication, interpersonal, critical thinking and policy skills. Khmer language skills are desirable.
This position is locally engaged and open to all residents of Cambodia.
How to Apply
To view a detailed position description and to apply, please visit our 'Join us' page via www.intdev.tetratechasiapacific.com and search for job number 498977. Please note that applications will only be accepted via the online application process on the Tetra Tech International Development Website.
For further enquiries, please contact us at IDEV.HRServices@tetratech.com and quote the job reference number 498977.
Applications close: Monday the 14th of June 2021 at 5:00pm (Local Cambodian time)
Tetra Tech International Development has a 40-year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK's Department for International Development (now known as the Foreign and Commonwealth Development Office). Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people's lives.
Tetra Tech International Development has robust policies and guidelines which exemplify our commitment to safeguarding and technical excellence in gender equality. Our team of dedicated GEDSI advisers work closely with our staff and partners to ensure a context-specific and consistent approach is applied to all our programmes to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalised groups.
Tetra Tech International Development is also committed to respectful workplaces and does not tolerate sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment of any kind.
Tetra Tech International Development is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection.