Senior Director Business Development for Asia
Heifer International works to end hunger and poverty in partnership with the communities they serve. Their programs support entrepreneurs around the world, creating lasting change from the ground up. It begins with a seed investment of livestock or agriculture, followed by mentorship to help project participants build a business, and ultimately to gain access to supply chains and markets. These families are able to earn a living income and continuously lift up their communities as they train the next generation of leaders. By supporting and training the world’s farmers, ranchers, and female business owners, Heifer International is investing in a new breed of success.
Heifer International’s community development model focuses on building social capital by increasing income and assets within farming families, improving their food security and nutrition, and protecting the environment – with women’s empowerment and connected communities at the very center. Heifer International works in 21 countries around the world to strengthen local
economies and build secure livelihoods that guarantee a living income to local farmers.
In Asia, they currently have programs in Cambodia, India, Nepal and Bangladesh, and seek to expand into Myanmar and Laos amongst others.
The EU-based Senior Director Business Development for Asia is responsible to lead Heifer’s global strategic partnerships as a collaborating partner with the Senior Vice President of Asia, to achieve Heifer’s Mission of increasing funding and partnerships for the Asia region.
This position will
- Help guide a mission-driven approach to strategic partnership development that contributes to revenue
- strategies and approaches that are responsive to Heifer’s strategic approach to end hunger and poverty while caring for the earth.
- Be responsible for creating a strategy to work within selected agricultural value chains, focus on signature programs that have scale and permanence of impact, and supporting smallholder farmers to reach a living income.
- Work cross-functionally with various internal Heifer teams and Affiliates as well as a complex network of donors inclusive of the private sector. This position will be key in developing and implementing the Asia strategy that will drive the achievement of the strategic objective.
- Bachelor’s degree in business development, international development or a related field, and 10-plus years of related experience with a minimum of eight (8) years in a supervisory capacity.
- Must have work experience as a business development professional with existing strong business development networks among bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g. FCDO, GIZ, KfW, NORAD, AfD, NFTDA, EU) and foundations, technical and research partners and other INGO’s
- Successful experience in bringing together both private and public funding for large scale programs.
- A proven track record of leading proposal development processes and successfully securing large scale funding and awards to support impactful growth in programs.
- English language ability required (read, write, speak).