Senior Coordinator – Awardee Support
- Start date September 2020
- Contracted offered until 30 June 2021, with a possibility of extension
- Located in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea with program travel as required (e.g. PNG provinces/Australia)
Australia Awards Papua New Guinea (AAPNG) is designed to promote knowledge, leadership and enduring ties between Australia and Papua New Guinea (PNG). It aims to build knowledge and skills to address PNG’s economic and development challenges through international scholarships to Australia and scholarships in PNG.
It offers the next generation of leaders in Papua New Guinea opportunities to acquire professional and technical knowledge and skills relevant to the priorities of the Government of PNG. The program ensures opportunities are provided for women, people with disabilities and people from remote locations. The program focuses on supporting alumni to use their skills, knowledge and networks to drive change and innovation.
AAPNG includes three study options:
- Australia Award Scholarships for Papua New Guineans to study primarily postgraduate courses in Australia;
- Australia Awards Short Course Awards – for Papua New Guineans to undertake study in Australia, receiving an Australian qualification; and
- Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships for Papua New Guineans to study in PNG to meet critical workforce gaps.
To deliver Australia Awards outcomes, AAPNG has five stream activities: Australia Awards; PNG and Pacific Awards; Short Course Awards; Alumni Engagement; and Secondary Schools. AAPNG is managed by Coffey, a Tetra Tech company, on behalf of the Australian Government.
Reporting to the Australia Awards Manager, the Senior Coordinator – Awardee Support will support the delivery of Australia Awards Scholarships enrichment and training activities in line with DFAT guidelines and the objectives of Australia Awards in PNG (AAPNG).
This includes on-award enrichment activities, pre-departure training, and public information sessions to educate the public about the scholarship opportunities.
The role will work closely with the On-Award Engagement Coordinator and the Senior Coordinator – Operations and Special Projects to support training activities and will also be responsible for on-award data management and on-award issues management.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- An undergraduate degree in an appropriate field of study;
- Experience in preparing and implementing training activities;
- Experience in Education or Project Coordination in an international development context;
- Understanding of the Australian Higher Education Sector;
- Demonstrated experience preparing reports and managing events;
- Inter-personal and communication skills for building and maintaining relationships, reporting, delivering messages and identifying and managing issues;
- Good listening skills and strong attention to detail;
- High level proficiency in spoken and written English
Please note this role is for local PNG applicants only.
How to apply:
For a detailed position description and to apply for this position, please visit www.coffey.com/careers and search for the job reference number 498496.
Applications will only be accepted through Coffey careers
For any enquiries, please contact IDEV.HRServices@coffey.com and quote the job reference number 498496.
Applications close: 5pm (PNG Time) on Wednesday 16th of September 2020.
Australia Awards PNG is managed by Coffey, a Tetra Tech Company, on behalf of the Australian Government.
Coffey is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection.