Regional Director, South East Asia
Hivos was founded in 1968, inspired by humanist values. Our founders held the conviction that development work should be secular, as true cooperation presumes respect for differing beliefs. In our first ever brochure, our founders wrote that “necessary changes should spring from communities themselves – from people at the base of society.” These convictions are still reflected in our work.
We believe that human life in its many forms is valuable, and that people are filled with potential. Living a life in freedom and dignity, with respect for each other and the planet, leads to greater individual well-being and fair, vibrant societies.
The Regional Director (RD), Southeast Asia will have dual accountability lines. At the point of appointment, the Regional Director will be responsible to the Executive Board (EB) of Hivos Foundation (Humanist Institute for Co-operation with Developing Countries, The Hague, the Netherlands). Over the next 2 years (before 30 Nov 2020) as the Hivos Foundation transitions into Yayasan Humanis dan Inovasi Sosial (Yayasan Hivos) the RD will primarily report to the National Board of Yayasan Hivos with a matrix link with the EB of Hivos Foundation denoting contribution to Hivos global program strategy and compliance with internal Hivos-wide policies across functional areas such as finance, human resource, logistics, risk management, safety and security etc.
Hereinafter the generic term ‘Hivos’ will denote both Hivos Foundation and Yayasan Hivos in the context of this transition.
Purpose of the Role
- The Regional Director represents Hivos within the region and sets the example for operational excellence.
- S/he will be responsible for all Hivos Foundation and subsequently Yayasan Hivos activities, positioning and resource mobilization in Indonesia/ Southeast Asia.
- S/he supports the development and application of Hivos’s strategy, style and agenda and reports on the realization.
- S/he gives shape to Hivos’s strategy and innovations for beneficiaries, partners and donors by providing viable investment opportunities, securing the necessary financing and other resources, influencing the agenda and delivering tangible solutions.
- S/he is a people manager and creates a professional infrastructure and an open, creative and dynamic working spirit. S/he delegates responsibilities and roles to colleagues and is responsible for maintaining a dynamic team.
- S/he contributes to both the social results and the financial sustainability.
- S/he will be an advocate for the values of Hivos and all Hivos stands for.
Knowledge and experience
- Graduation in social science, business administration. Preferably Post Graduation level qualification.
- Substantial experience as a manager in complex operations in national context.
- Notable experience and profile in international networks and multi-stakeholder environment.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in a professional, service-oriented organization.
- Experience in working to and with local Board governance structure.
- Demonstrated experience in advocacy.
- Indonesian Nationality.