Quality and Planning Director
WeForest is an international non-profit association headquartered in Belgium and with current projects in Brazil, Ethiopia, India, Tanzania, and Zambia. Their mission is to advance innovative, scalable and lasting solutions to restore forest and landscapes for the climate, the people and the planet: WeForest promotes scientific evidence for the ways in which forests contribute to climate change mitigation, beyond their impacts as stocks of carbon, by increasing water availability, enhancing local cooling and improve rural livelihood and resilience.
Their aim is to demonstrate, through the restoration of entire regions, that well-planned reforestation can be the solution to today’s biggest challenge: climate change. The organisation promote Forest and Landscape Restoration best practices and have created a movement, engaging international brands and their millions of customers to act. Current corporate partners include Wex, UCB, Diorapthe, Swift, Treesisters, Nike, Delifrance and Duvel.
The values of the organisation are Integrity, Transparency, Excellence, Collaboration, Passion, and Courage. Their vision: ‘We imagine a world where communities and nations sustainably manage their forests and natural resources for the benefit of our climate, our environment and humanity’.
- Oversee operating processes and tools used to source, initiate, monitor and eventually complete our multiple forestry projects across the world. These tools include (without being not limited to) management plans, log-frames, forestry and socio-economic protocols.
- Manage and develop a team of experts (forestry, livelihoods, carbon and applied science) to ensure that the team performs well, that the projects are run according to plans and quality standards, that client needs are taken into consideration, that risks are identified & mitigated and that processes are continuously measured & improved.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors Projects. Trains and coaches the regional managers to prepare and the team of experts to coordinate, and monitor the projects, from the initial conception to the schedule and final completion. Is involved with the planning and forecasting of budgets and timelines. Assures that the projects are accurately planned, monitored and completed to schedule.
- Performs Quality Control. Ensuring high standard quality of the projects, timely delivery and high performance of teams through quality control checks at each stage and all aspects of projects
- Assign Responsibilities to members of the team so that everything is completed on time. This involves mentoring the project teams and managing their performance.
- Communicate with the Team. Communication is key to this role. It includes letting the team know of any updates or problems, as well as providing assistance and support whenever necessary.
- Monitor Compliance of the projects to ensure that environmental standards
and practices are adhered to, that quality assurance policies are followed, and performance standards are met.
- Substantial experience in environmental / reforestation project management, preferably with a mix of field and headquarter level experience.
- Excellent understanding and experience of all stages of the project management cycle.
- Experience in process management and training.
- Proven experience of developing and setting up new projects and related skills (designing projects, developing project proposals, recruitment, conducting baselines, etc)
- Project Engineering experience.
- Very organised and structured mind-set.
- Proven experience of working with multicultural teams, including remotely.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal communications), open to coaching and collaborative teamwork, including remotely.
- Strong understanding of the various technical expertise related to forest landscape restoration projects (carbon, forestry, livelihoods, food security, gender, water) and the wider benefits and implications of forests.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Fluent spoken and written English. Other languages are a plus.