Scriptoria is seeking an experienced publications project manager to join its London-based Publications team. The ideal candidate will be happy working in a small, friendly team, but also able to use their initiative and work independently with minimum supervision. We are looking for someone who has a genuine interest in the areas in which we work and is keen to make a difference. The work is dynamic and often very busy so we need a publications manager who is able to juggle multiple tasks, meet deadlines and deliver high quality results.
Who we are
Scriptoria is a niche sustainable development, science and health communications company with an international reputation for excellence. The company, founded in 2001, provides high-quality research and development-related communications services and training to government agencies, research programmes, NGOs, businesses and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives worldwide.
Candidates must have:
1. At least five years’ experience managing a wide range of publications, with an excellent understanding of standard processes
2. Evidence of strong project management skills and the ability to multi-task and cope flexibly with a range of jobs and to solve any issues that arise
3. The ability to work under pressure, on their own initiative and as part of a team
4. The ability and confidence to manage a publication from start to finish and ensure it is of the highest quality
5. Outstanding copyediting and proofreading skills with excellent verbal and written English language skills
6. A confident and professional approach to dealing with clients and the ability to deliver excellent customer service
7. Excellent use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
8. Good ICT skills with the ability to learn new programs quickly
9. An interest in sustainable development/environmental issues.
10. Experience in producing digital publications and products
11. In-depth knowledge of design and print processes, and current trends
12. Experience of planning and managing social media campaigns
13. Experience of producing Word and PowerPoint templates
14. Knowledge of communications in the sector in which Scriptoria specialises.
Please send us your CV and a covering letter of no more than two pages explaining briefly why you would like to work for Scriptoria and why you think you are the kind of person we are looking for. Please also state your salary expectations and where you saw this advert.
Please send your applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates shortlisted for interview will be asked to complete project management, copyediting and proofreading tests.
Closing date for applications : 12 June 2017, 9:00 AM (UK)
Provisional dates for interviews at Scriptoria’s office in London: 26 and 27 June 2017
See the job specification for more information: http://ow.ly/hIA530bt42Z