Project Manager (Official Statistics and Data Management)
Implementing diverse projects in transition and developing countries and thus contributing to a “better tomorrow” is our business. With a turnover of EUR 70 million and 150 permanent staff members, we, GOPA Consultants, are one of the leading consulting companies in the field of International Cooperation. For more than 50 years, we have been successfully implementing projects on behalf of national and international institutions; for example, the European Union (EU). Topics are manifold, ranging from the improvement of education for the young, through public administration reform and the support of democratisation, to measures of climate change adaptation.
GOPA mbH is looking for a Project Manager (m/f/d) in the field of official statistics and data management worldwide,
to start as soon as possible in our Statistics department in Bad Homburg (near Frankfurt am Main).
As Project Manager, you will be responsible for the acquisition of new projects, as well as for the implementation and the financial and technical backstopping of ongoing projects in the fields of official statistics and data management. Based at our headquarters in Germany, you will also travel abroad for fact-finding and backstopping missions, as well as for short-term expert assignments in project countries worldwide.
- Coordinate and manage the acquisition processes for selected tenders
- Develop proposals for new projects, including methodologies and quality control
- Contribute to, and lead, processes in small teams
- Act as an interface between the project team on-site and the client
- Ensure the proper technical and financial contract management
- Ensure compliance with project tender and contract implementation procedures in accordance with GOPA’s and the client’s specifications
What we offer:
- The opportunity to focus on your field of expertise (financial management of development projects worldwide)
- An international working environment
- Colleagues who enjoy working together, mixing competence with the right amount of humour, and who are looking forward to having you in the team
- The chance to actively contribute towards the future success of the department, and to expand its regional portfolio
- Short communication and decision-making processes, and a living “open doors” culture across all company levels
- Free RMV job ticket
- Job bike
- Our own canteen
- Relevant academic degree (Masters or higher) in the field of Economics, Statistics, Social Science (e.g. sociology, geography, or the environmental sciences) or equivalent
- Business fluency in English and French; German language skills are an asset
- Ability to prioritise actions and tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Relevant experience in the following areas is required:
- International Development Cooperation with international donor agencies with a focus on EuropeAid, World Bank. Experience with GIZ can be an advantage
- Proven experience in the conception/drafting/acquisition and in the preparation of bids for calls for tenders, and implementation of donor-funded projectsStrong practical professional experience in the field of contract management
- Demonstrated knowledge of policies and challenges concerning official statistics and data management in the international context
- Proven experience in data analysis
- Proven project and team management skills
- Experience in building and sustaining partnerships with donors, beneficiaries and other counterparts is a strong asset
- Strong analytical skills in budget planning, project implementation and budget monitoring
Please send us your complete application documents, including curriculum vitae, motivation letter and references.