The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflicts and disasters and people affected by social or health related crises. The Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The German Red Cross assists in disaster response, rehabilitation and capacity building projects on appeals of their sister organisations within the Movement.
In close cooperation with the Haitian Red Cross (HRC) and other partners in the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, the GRC has been conducting project measures in various regions in Haiti since 2004.
GRC is currently seeking for an experienced Project Manager (m/f/d):
Place of assignment: Ouanaminthe, Haiti (place of residence Dajabon, Dominican Republic)
Duration of contract: 15.03.2020 until 31.01.2021
The project is funded by Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and jointly implemented with the Haitian Red Cross (HRC) and Dominican Red Cross (DRC). It aims to improve the living conditions of deported people, refugees or Internally Displaced People (IDPs) and their host communities in the border location Ouanaminthe between Haiti and the Dominican Republic. It supports access to basic needs and psychosocial counselling, transport and family reunification as well as support services and aims to improve competences and access to income generating activities. Further operations are community based disaster management actions and mitigation measures including e.g. the cleaning of drainage canals and maintenance of infrastructure and finally to improve health and sanitation practices. It finally aims to reinforce capacity and structures of the local Red Cross structures for support services in the region.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Ensuring compliance of the project with GRC and BMZ strategies, guidelines and standards. Project activities and funding ends on 31.12.2020;
- Monitoring the project implementation according to agreed budget and plan of action, provide technical and managerial guidance to the project coordinator and ensure timely reporting;
- Manage the BMZ funded project in close cooperation with the GRC headquarter in Port au Prince and the Haitian Red Cross and Dominican Red Cross as national counterparts and implementing partners;
- Coordinate, liaise and maintain a close working relationship with major stakeholders in the region;
- Safeguard the regular collection and analysis of field data and oversee monitoring of program results and activities through the establishment of an M&E system;
- Ensuring accurate project budgeting, financial management and expenditure tracking according to GRC and donor (BMZ) requirements;
- Narrative and financial reporting in compliance with GRC and donor (BMZ) policies and regulations;
- Supervision, mentoring and capacity building of project team (up to 15 people);
- Drawing on lessons learnt to develop best practice and oversight of the continuous learning process and best practices including reflection and planning through team meetings and stakeholder workshops;
- Fostering ownership and contributing to the maintenance of a joint team spirit and positive working environment.
- At least 5 years working experience in project management of international development-oriented projects;
- Experience in implementing and managing donor funded projects (knowledge of BMZ requirements will be a strong asset);
- Experience in participatory methods and community development;
- Strong project management skills, particularly PCM, reporting and monitoring;
- Working experiences in restoring family links (RFL), Income Generating Activities (IGA), Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) preferable;
- Profound knowledge and proven experience in M&E;
- Experience in cooperating with local organizations and capacity building among communities and partners (preferably in the region);
- Assertive, with high intercultural sensitivity;
- Experiences in working with the Red Cross / Red Crescent movement is a strong asset
- Readiness to work in remote areas;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Ability and agreement to adhere to the Red Cross Red;
- Ability to work effectively in multicultural environments;
- Oral and written fluency in French and English, Spanish is a strong asset;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Ability to complete a thorough medical screening process 'working abroad under specific climate and health conditions';
- Readiness to go on assignment without partner / no family-post;
- Valid driving licence.
What we offer:
GRC offers you a compensation package according to the collective employment agreement of the GRC as well as an expatriation allowance during your mission. We will provide you with an accommodation. In addition to a full insurance package (health insurance for residence abroad, private accident insurance, private liability insurance, luggage insurance) GRC is as well covering a home flight within a 12-month period of assignment, regular medical check-ups before and after your mission as well as Psychosocial Support Service. Before your assignment, as well as during and after your mission, you will benefit from a comprehensive training package and receive the necessary briefings.
Kindly apply by submitting your application by using the GRC online application system DRK HR net (https://drkhrnet.de) until 18.02.2020.
Please indicate Ref. No. 2020-013 with your application.