Project Manager – Ghana EU Trust Fund Project
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change during project preparation and implementation - by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We will continue to position ourselves as a premium organisation, with decentralised management. Our Global Support Unit (70 staff) backstops our teams around the world.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
Overview of project
SNV has been present in Ghana since 1992. SNV has been awarded funding from the European Union. SNV has been awarded funding from the European Union for the implementation of a project which aims to promote employment, entrepreneurship and support the greening of businesses for sustainable and climate resilient local economies in Ghana
The Project Manager will manage the implementation of the SNV components of the Ghana EU Trust Fund Project. He/she shall ensure that the SNV project objectives and results are achieved with quality and to the expectation of the donor.
He/she will provide technical leadership and managerial oversight of the project, including and among others, ensuring the timely and successful implementation of SNV’s work, management and reporting of activities, and project deliverables.
- Ensure implementation of the project work plan, as per the SNV project management procedures, internal reporting, donor requirements and contract
- Plan and assign deliverables, review their progress and address deviations in terms of timelines and quality, based on project planning, deliverables agreed and budget set;
- Contract management & budget oversight: manage and account for administrative, finance and procurement components of the project in line with SNV and donor requirements;
- Manage relationships with partners and relevant stakeholders;
- Human Resources management & team leadership: Plan and manage HR workflow by forecasting personnel needs and supporting in recruitment & selection; lead and motivate the project team;
- Ensure that the project is implemented in accordance with the agreed implementation plan and results between SNV and the donor;
- Deliver effective development results, planning and monitoring, financial management, and donor reporting;
- Coordinate and manage the day to day relationship with consortium partners and donors; and the proper flow of communication among all project stakeholders;
- Coordinate and management project team members;
- Ensure the production of quality technical and financial reports for internal monitoring and for external reporting to the donor;
- Ensure the project budget is depleted according to schedule;
- Ensure that project results are delivered with high quality standard;
- Protect SNV image in dealing with all external partners on the project.
Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in, Development Finance, SME development/management, or Sustainable development or related field.
- Specific expertise in areas relevant to this project, such as business management, entrepreneurship and SME management, circular economy, green economy and sustainability, will be considered an advantage.
- Have at least ten (10) years’ experience in project management, including at least one consortium project;
- Have at least seven (7) years of work experience in the youth employment sector, youth and women entrepreneurship, SME development;
- Experience in energy, agricultural value chains and circular economy is considered an advantage;
- Recent experience in project management funded by the European Union will be considered as an advantage.
- International work experience and the ability to effectively coach and lead a team of advisors in a multi-cultural setting
- Demonstrated project management expertise and excellent knowledge of the full Project Cycle
- Ability to interpret project information and to identify and analyze implementation issues
- Proven experience in managing multidisciplinary and multicultural teams; excellent ability to work in a team
- Solid planning, analysis and prioritization skills
- Good financial management skills related to project management
- Effective time management and very good organizational skills
- Demonstrate tact and diplomacy in contacts with third parties
- Knowledge of usual office software (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and regular communication channels (Internet, email, Skype)
- Fluency in English with strong writing skills is required
- Willingness to travel to all project locations
Contract Duration: 2 years full -time international employment contract, with strong possibility of extension
Expected Start Date: October 1, 2019. Depending on contract award date
Duty Station: Accra, Ghana
Working at SNV
SNV offers a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal and global network of experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org
How to Apply
If you believe that your credentials meet the above profile, we invite you to apply by submitting your CV in English with a cover letter before September 8, 2019.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted