About Context Global Development
Context Global Development (CGD) is a non-profit organisation that leads agricultural and social impact programs worldwide. CGD teams with development organisations and government agencies to maximise the value of agricultural resources in developing countries as we partner to accelerate innovations that result in meaningful and lasting change.
CGD believes in advancing agriculture to grow a world which is more productive, efficient, and sustainable. They do that by helping partners achieve remarkable results. They firmly believe that agriculture holds the key to addressing major challenges that confront our world – from poverty and hunger to climate change, habitat preservation, gender inequality, and political instability. Agriculture is at the core of providing solutions to unlock these challenges – one season, one meal at time.
Recently, the Context Network has formed Context Global Development to put its experience of designing development initiatives into practice. They offer a broad spectrum of agricultural expertise to accelerate innovations that results in meaningful and lasting change.
For the Program Coordinator role, there are a number of key accountabilities
- Effectively design, coordinate, and complete in-person, regular site visits with the appropriate attention to detail to provide high-level take-aways that accurately reflect the purpose and next steps of the partner’s activities.
- Take joint ownership of program objectives to advance activities that achieve stated targets. Efficiently and effectively manage roles on multiple programs, from conception to execution, with the ability to transition between team and autonomous work, and between “big picture “qualitative thinking and detail-oriented quantitative tasks, while managing a quick and steep learning curve. Effectively combine an understanding of agricultural systems and business acumen through regular contact to deliver exceptional results that solve partner’s business-related, operational and/or technical problems, and/or address their critical issues.
- Effectively and efficiently communicate with program partners with whom CGD has no direct authority, on an as-needed basis, with the appropriate degree of urgency, comfort and skill to ensure that their activities, in support of the targeted program outcomes, are sufficiently addressed and met.
- With minimal oversight, complete site visit reports and draft ad hoc reports that demonstrate an ability to understand the targeted program results, leverage available resources, and actively collaborate and communicate with internal team members and external partners.
- Collect, triangulate, and evaluate robust, high-quality, reliable, and relevant data and information that drive transparency of results, demonstrate a thorough understanding of internal requests and ultimately lead to the true
- Efficiently and accurately complete timely, professional, and high-quality client deliverables that demonstrate an attention to detail and knowledge of the internal program documentation needs and external impact assessments.
- Administrative and other duties, as assigned.
- Substantial work experience in areas such as management consultancy or management experience with an agribusiness, biotechnology, food, life sciences company with primary experience located/operating within Africa and/or agricultural development experience. Strong preference for candidates with agricultural experience/exposure.
- Proficiency in English required. Proficiency in French and local languages preferred.
- Proficient use of analytical and communication tools.
- Experience, comfort, and ability to travel 50-75% of the time – travel within Africa predominantly and minimal travel in the US.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA, MPA or MS in Agriculture (i.e. Ag Economics, Ag Finance, Ag Policy) preferred.
For more information and to apply: https://oxfordhr.co.uk/jobs/program-coordinator/
Location: Nairobi, Kenya OR Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Closing: March 25th