Private Sector Partnership Broker
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Oxfam GB is looking for Private Sector Partnership Broker, in this role you will
- Support progressive relationships with allies, movements, networks and other national actors from civil society or the private sector in association with country offices to give voice to under-represented people globally and in the UK through programming, influencing, and learning.
- To provide support to countries / regions on new programme partnerships with the private sector working across strategic priority themes
- Contribute to the development and delivery of private sector campaign, advocacy and partnership strategies in support of Oxfam’s strategic priorities.
- Contribute to data and policy analysis and development of evidence of how private sector companies impact on Oxfam’s priority themes and have the potential to contribute to poverty reduction and social justice.
- Writing briefings, reports, blogs for internal use and external publication.
- Undertakes policy development, influencing and learning about workers’ rights in global supply chains, the barriers to these being achieved (political, economic, social) and the role of governments, companies, NGOs, trade unions and Multi-Stakeholder Initiatives
What we are looking for
Role will require
- Mutual accountability
- Strategic Thinking and Judgment
- Experience with collaboration with NGO- Private sector partnerships
- Project management experience
- Experience working on projects funded by institutional donors and private sector
- Experience working in partnership or multi-agency consortia with demonstrable interpersonal skills, ideally with experience of consortium governance
- Knowledge on issues of workers rights in supply chain including living wage, gender equality.
- Knowledge and experience working on issue of living income, workers’ rights, responsible business practices and more equitable business models
- On workers’ rights and labour standards in global supply chains, generating best practice to share with external and internal audiences.
This role will give you an opportunity to work with a group of passionate people that are specialists in their fields with fair pay and competitive benefits package.
We believe flexible working is key to building the Oxfam of the future, so we’re open to talking through the type of flexible arrangements which might work for you.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 21 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
In response to Covid-19 if you are offered a role where you are required to travel between countries please ensure you have been briefed by the Hiring Manager about any changes to working or precautions you should take as part of your role.