PMERL System Virtual Trainer (Portuguese)
RedR are seeking to appoint a PMERL System Virtual Trainer to support the roll out of on-line trainings on a new M&E system for an INGO (Portuguese + French or Spanish cohorts).
Purpose: Consultancy to support the roll out of on-line trainings on a new M&E system for an INGO (Portuguese + French or Spanish cohorts)
Responsible to: Programme Coordinator
Working with: Other PMERL Trainers
Period: January to April 2021
Hours: 60 to 100 hours of onboarding to be completed in January 2021
Training to cohorts to be delivered between February and beginning of April 2021
Salary: 60-100 hours for trainer’s onboarding on PMERL @£3000 as lumpsum
Between 10 and 30 trainer-days, TBD, @£300/day, payment based on actuals
Every year, hundreds of millions of people around the world are affected by natural disasters and conflict. RedR UK is an international NGO which saves lives by giving individuals working within the humanitarian-development-peace nexus the vital skills they need to do their jobs to the highest possible standard. RedR UK provides training, capacity development and technical support to organisations and individuals in a broad variety of fields including humanitarian essentials, safety & security, needs assessment, project management, protection, WASH, shelter, disaster risk reduction, climate change adaptation, etc.
RedR UK is also a Membership organisation, with a global network of 1,800 Members, all of whom are experienced humanitarian and development professionals. The RedR UK Membership is a mark of quality, enabling aid workers to obtain professional recognition of their skills and experience.
RedR UK currently has hubs in the UK, Sudan and Jordan, and works in over 20 countries each year. It is also part of RedR International, an international federation of organisations that share a common vision and mission. The federation’s vision is a world in which sufficient competent and committed personnel are available and responding to humanitarian needs. Members include RedR UK, RedR Australia, RedR India, RedR Malaysia and RedR Indonesia.
RedR UK is committed to a strong, positive culture, with benefits for staff and those with whom we work. Our culture is also important to us in terms of our ethic of humanitarian impartiality and neutrality and our compliance with the Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS) and other professional codes of conduct.
Our values are vitally important to us as individuals, teams and to RedR UK as a whole. We are committed to a continuous process of strengthening our culture, maintaining the high standards required to work together effectively, and delivering first class advice and service to those with whom we work.
The purpose of this consultancy is to support the roll out of training on a new PMERL system for an International NGO.
The trainer will first undergo an “onboarding” to become PMERL system expert, so that s/he can coach learners effectively to use the system to achieve practical outcomes.
After an initial self-paced course is completed by learners, the trainer will primarily coach and support learners to deepen their understanding and activate their learning via hands-on task practice and feedback.
Trainers will be effective coaches, providing clear feedback and asking good questions; and supporting participants to be active learners. Sessions will be engaging and interactive; and virtual training will take into account the challenges of not being in the same room as participants. Trainers will check understanding and will build in reviews.
A summary of the consultancy deliverables is provided below:
- Full completion of on-boarding and upskilling on PMERL system;
- Successful delivery of half day "dry run" training session on the PMERL system;
- Completion of training and coaching for the appointed regional cohorts, meeting high-level training quality standards, and enabling learners to achieve task completion;
- Submission of cohorts’ training reports to RedR UK;
- Debriefing session with RedR UK.
- Previous knowledge and experience in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning and Information Management Systems.
- Coaching & mentoring experience;
- Strong IT skills; ability to learn IT tools and grasp new systems quickly;
- Proficiency in Portuguese (essential) plus one additional language: either French (preferred) or Spanish. English communication skills are also required.
- Qualification - Qualification in Project Management, Data Analysis, Humanitarian Action, Disaster Management, Development Studies or similar.
- Previous experience with Salesforce at user level.
- Field exposed - Experience in Humanitarian and/or international development field operations.
Email a CV and covering letter demonstrating your reasons for applying and suitability for the role to HR@redr.org.uk. Please note that we may contact suitable applicants before the closing date.