National Health Specialist
- Full time, 1-year contact with a option to extend for up to a further 12 months
- Located at the Australian Embassy, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) through the Australian Embassy in Phnom Penh delivers Australia’s bilateral development cooperation program in Cambodia. The program comprises investments in a range of sectors including agriculture, health infrastructure, and social inclusion including gender-based violence.
Australia’s bilateral development cooperation program in Cambodia operates in a challenging and politically complex environment which requires significant leadership focus and sound management to manage emerging risks and achieve intended development aid outcomes.
Cambodia Aid Advisory Services (CAAS) will provide long and short-term advisory and non-advisory support to the Australian Embassy, Phnom Penh to enable the effective and efficient delivery of development cooperation to meet Australia’s foreign, economic and development policy objectives in Cambodia. The advisory services will also support the Cambodia COVID-19 Development Response Plan (2020-22), its successor plan and evolving program pipeline.
The National Health Specialist will provide advanced technical advice to DFAT, the Cambodian Government and local and international partners on public health and health security. The Specialist Work in a team to design, implement, monitor, evaluate and report on Australia’s health development cooperation activities, including on Australia’s Regional Vaccine Access and Health Security program in Cambodia.
- Undertake analysis, reporting and briefing on public health and health security issues, including to support Embassy engagement with senior Cambodian Government officials on health policy or development cooperation.
- Support the Embassy’s reporting to Canberra on the performance of Australia’s public health investments in Cambodia.
- Draw on a network of contacts in the Cambodian health sector, including the Ministry of Health and key international organisations to achieve results.
- Promote the Embassy’s work on health through social media and public diplomacy activities.
- Undertake policy dialogue and representation on behalf of the Embassy on issues related to public health and health security, in line with Embassy policy priorities such as gender equality and disability and social inclusion.
- Undertake program management tasks and provide advice on risk, fraud, safeguards financial management and quality reporting in relation to Australia’s public health programs in Cambodia.
To be successful you will have the relevant tertiary qualification and significant experieince providing technical advice on health for the designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating of health programs.
Together with your demonstrated ability to strengthen outcomes through technical inputs to policy dialogue and development programming in Cambodia and your judgement and understanding of political economy with proven ability to build and manage stakeholder relationships, including with Cambodia’s Ministry of Health, you will have a strong understanding of Australia’s Partnerships for Recovery policy and Australia’s bilateral cooperation with Cambodia.
In addition, you will display the proven capacity to communicate with influence and drive program performance and ability to work collegiately with international and locally engaged staff in a cross-cultural context and a sometimes-high-pressure environment.
Excellent English verbal and written communication skills is essential, Khmer language skills desirable.
This position is locally engaged and reserved for National Citizens of Cambodia.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please visit the Tetra Tech International Development careers page via intdev.tetratechasiapacific.com and complete the online application process. Please note that applications will only be accepted via the Tetra Tech International Development Website.
For any enquiries, please contact IDEV.HRServices@tetratech.com and quote the job reference number 498836
Applications close: 5.00PM (Cambodia) 9th of April, 2021
Tetra Tech International Development has a 40-year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK's Department for International Development (now known as the Foreign and Commonwealth Development Office). Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people's lives.
Tetra Tech International Development has robust policies and guidelines which exemplify our commitment to safeguarding and technical excellence in gender equality. Our team of dedicated GEDSI advisers work closely with our staff and partners to ensure a context-specific and consistent approach is applied to all our programmes to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalised groups.
Tetra Tech International Development is also committed to respectful workplaces and does not tolerate sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment of any kind.
Tetra Tech International Development is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection.