Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Adviser
The Australian Government’s Fiji Program Support Facility announces: Short Term Adviser opportunity in the Australian Support to Education in Tuvalu
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Adviser
- Opportunity for an experienced Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) professional to provide high quality analysis of MEL Information to the Australian Support to Education in Tuvalu Program and across Tuvalu’s Education Sector
- Short term Adviser position – from February/March 2020 to December 2021 – indicatively 160 days over this period
- Based in Funafuti, Tuvalu with the possibility of travel to outer islands and possibly Fiji
The Fiji Program Support Facility (the Facility) was established in 2017 to support and implement Australia’s aid programs such as health, education, Australia Awards and governance in Fiji. The Facility also supports the Australia Awards and education programs in Tuvalu. The Facility integrates cross-cutting themes, including gender equality, disability inclusion, climate change, emergency preparedness and response and civil society engagement, across sectoral programs. In particular, the Facility seeks to strengthen program outcomes by better addressing the needs of targeted beneficiaries including those who are often marginalised.
Working closely with the Education Department colleagues and the program team, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing high quality analysis of M&E information. You will develop the capacity of the Tuvalu Department of Education staff to use MEL processes and tools to support planning, data collection, analysis and reporting. You will also provide coaching and technical support to the local Research and Evaluation Adviser and support the Team Leader with technical and advisory support to conduct research and evaluation studies important to the Program and Education Department.
Some Key duties will include:
- Ensure the MEL framework is regularly updated and fit for purpose
- Lead the monitoring and evaluation of the program through planned reflections, reviews and evaluations;
- In consultation with the Team Leader and the Education Department and working with the counterpart identify possible research and evaluation studies to inform Program directions and/or support decision-making by the Department;
- Contribute to the preparation of required Program reports and deliverables including Annual and Biannual Activity Progress Reports, an updated Program Logic, MEL Framework, and Completion Report
- Work closely with the Facility MEL Lead to ensure the Program MEL and reporting are consistent with the overall Facility MEL system.
The ideal candidate will be tertiary qualified in education, international development or a related field from a recognised institution. Post-Graduate qualifications in MEL are highly desirable. You will demonstrate practical experience in mentoring others in the development and implementation of MEL activities. Substantial demonstrated experience in developing and implementing down-to-earth utilisation-focused MEL plans, systems and strategies is essential. To be successful in this role you will also have demonstrated experience of MEL in a development context as well as experience of preparing timely, high quality outcome-based reports for clients and stakeholders.
Strong interpersonal skills and a high degree of versatility and adaptability are required for this role as well as the ability to build the capacity of local staff and counterparts. You will need to work effectively with the wider Tuvalu Education Program team and broader Facility team.
This position is classified Category C, Level 3 (short term) under the DFAT Adviser Remuneration Framework. Please visit http://dfat.gov.au/about-us/publications/Documents/adviser-remuneration-framework-2016.pdf for further detail on the DFAT Adviser Remuneration Framework.
How to Apply
For a detailed position description and to apply for this position please visit www.coffey.com/careers and search for the job reference number 498155.
For further enquiries please contact us at email@example.com
Applications close 6.00pm (Fiji time) 18th December 2019.
This Facility is being administered by Coffey, a Tetra Tech company, on behalf of the Australian Government.
Coffey is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection.