Logistics and Administration Assistant
- Based in Vientiane, Laos
- 12 months with the potential for extension
On behalf of the Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), Coffey International Development (Coffey) manages the Laos Australia Institute (LAI). The focus of LAI is human resource development working at the national level and with key government agencies. LAI manages the Australia Awards Scholarships (AAS) in Laos and the Laos Australia National Scholarships (LANS), which supports young men and women from remote and disadvantaged areas to complete a four-year undergraduate degree at a local university. LAI aims to improve participation of women in leadership and management roles, and increase the capacity of people with disability and organisations involved in disability-inclusive development.
Reserved for Laos Citizens
The Logistics and Administration Assistant will provide day to day logistical and administrative support to the LAI Office including administrative functions, vehicle maintenance and management and driver’s duties as required. Reporting directly to the Senior Finance and Administration Coordinator some key responsibilities include:
- Support LAI’s office administrative operations, including office opening and closing procedures
- Driving duties including transporting personnel and delivery of documents and program materials
- Maintain motor vehicle log books, fuel register, registration, insurance and ongoing maintenance of vehicles
- Assist finance staff with data entry into Quick Books, writing cheques, paying AAS and GOLPET stipends, recording banking transactions and paying tax
- Assist with arranging workshops, meetings and other LAI events
To be successful in this role, applicants must have a Junior Secondary Certificate of Education or Study at senior secondary level or other equivalent training, including on the job training, is desirable. You will have a current driving license with a good driving record and you will have experience in a similar role in the government, private or development sector. A good level of oral and written English is required and the ability to successfully meet deadlines is essential. You will also have good interpersonal skills with demonstrated capacity to take initiative, be a team player and deal with people in a friendly and professional manner.
How to Apply
For a detailed position description and to apply for this position please visitwww.coffey.com/careersclick on ‘career opportunities’ and search for the reference number 495390.
Applications close 5.00pm (Laos time) 18th July 2017
For further enquires please contact: email@example.com
This program is managed by Coffey in association with Vientiane College on behalf of the Australian Government.