Learning & Organization Development Business Partner
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Do you have experience designing, delivering and facilitating Learning and Development and/or Organisation Development initiatives across different cultures and in an international context across the global south?
Do you demonstrate a clear commitment to our values, diversity and inclusion, anti-racism aspirations and feminist principles, and have experience of applying these to a range of L&OD interventions, and in a non UK context?
Do you have experience in managing L&OD interventions, including assessing impact, learning and making improvements to the intervention?
We are looking for a Learning & Organization Development Business Partner at a pivotal time of transition and change for the organisation.
We are open to applications from candidates based in the UK, Kenya or Jordan or another OGB Affiliate country - subject to contractual compliance.
This is a 12 months fixed term contract.
What you’ll be doing:
In this role, you will support organisation effectiveness by partnering with managers and staff on the development and implementation of Learning and Organisation Development (L&OD) solutions aligned to strategy, including culture change, transformation and embedding values and our Feminist Leadership approach in how we work. The role partners and supports Managers and staff in the countries in which Oxfam GB is the Executing Affiliate and in the UK.
We’re looking for a candidate who cares about Oxfam's mission to end poverty and is personally aligned to the values of empowerment, accountability and inclusion in all you do and our feminist principles.
An ideal candidate for the role will also be / have:
- Experience designing, delivering and facilitating Learning and Development and/or Organisation Development initiatives across different cultures and in an international context across the global south
- Demonstrate a clear commitment to our values, diversity and inclusion, anti-racism aspirations and feminist principles, and have experience of applying these to a range of L&OD interventions, and in a non UK context .
- Experience of using L&OD interventions to bring about changes in a team or organisation. This could include: culture change initiatives, team ways of working sessions, leadership and management interventions, etc.
- Experience in managing L&OD interventions, including assessing impact, learning and making improvements to the intervention.
- Well developed relationship building skills, with evidence of being able to understand the needs of others and design agile and bespoke solutions that both meet their needs and are aligned with the wider Oxfam approach.
We believe flexible working is key to building the Oxfam of the future, so we’re open to talking through the type of flexible arrangements which might work for you. We think this role would work particularly well as a job share.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding:
Our values and commitment to safeguarding:
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment by complying with our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of our organisation.
Offers of employment within the open recruitment stages will be subject to one satisfactory internal reference from a current manager in line with current policy where the selected candidate is moving to a new Division and the role has significantly changed from their current post. Gaining an internal employment reference will not apply to those within ringfence selection or suitable alternative / redeployment situation which falls under Oxfam’s redundancy process.
Conditional offers made in selection stages may also be subject appropriate screening checks. Oxfam GB participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this scheme we will take into account any live disciplinary sanctions a candidate may have when making the selection decision.
How to apply:
As part of your online application, please upload a copy of your CV and/or Cover Letter.
Oxfam GB is a Disability Confident Employer. Should you be unable to submit your application online and would prefer an alternative method please contact our recruitment team (email@example.com). If you also want to discuss your application, please do contact us as well.
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of an international confederation of 19 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
A thriving diverse Oxfam:
It’s people power that brings about change. To play our part as a global organisation working to overcome poverty and inequality, we need equality, diversity and inclusion across our community of staff, partners and volunteers. Together, we’re committed to becoming a more diverse workforce, better able to tackle the global challenges that face our world today.
To do that:
- We need to dismantle the unequal power structures that exist everywhere, this including Oxfam and the wider development and charity sectors.
- We need an inclusive Oxfam where everyone can bring who they are to our work and feels celebrated for the differences they bring.
- We want and need everyone, and that means we need you.
In response to Covid-19 if you are offered a role where you are required to travel between countries please ensure you have been briefed by the Hiring Manager about any changes to working or precautions you should take as part of your role.