Intervention Manager for the Security and/or Justice sector
International assistance increasingly operates in fragile countries and situations where security and rule-of-law issues become more and more important and challenging. Whilst promoting Belgium’s know-how in this area, Enabel has implemented interventions in the Security and Justice sector for many years.
Enabel is looking for several Intervention Managers to take on a coordinating and management role in the implementation of the interventions of Enabel in the security and justice areas for the Belgian international cooperation in Enabel’s partner countries, primarily in West and Central Africa.
The Intervention Manager is to join the team at Enabel’s Representation in the country of assignment and will be responsible for the management of the intervention in close collaboration with the local partner and possible local or international experts. The Intervention Manager’s principal responsibilities are:
- Coordinate the activities and ensure their execution, in compliance with set arrangements and procedures, in order to ensure optimal implementation at the operational level and in accordance with the set objectives and resources;
- Lead the team of which one is the hierarchical supervisor in order to have qualified and motivated staff;
- Propose innovations and contribute to partner entity capacity development in order to foster improvement of their organisation, processes and systems and of their team’s competences.
- You hold a Master’s degree in one or several of the following areas: social sciences (sociology, criminology...), political sciences, law, population sciences or economic sciences, or analogous that are relevant for the job.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in one or several of the following topics related to security and justice: Support to the security and or judicial system, transitional justice, the rule of law, rights-based approach, conflict prevention, support to civil society…;
- Minimum 2 years of relevant field experience in development assistance projects in these areas.
Experience and competences required
- Good global understanding of the Security and Justice sectors and of the Security Sector Reform concept;
- Good understanding of topics such as community policing or justice, crisis management, judicial investigation…;Ability to work fully autonomously, to manage and complete multiple projects/tasks simultaneously and within deadline;
- Skilled in managing interpersonal relations, human resources and partnerships;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in French and/or English (depending on the place of assignment).
- Good understanding of capacity development concepts
We offer you
Upon completion of the selection procedure, you enter our recruitment pool. Next, once a position is opened, we contact you and together we analyse the matching of the position with your profile. Where applicable, we offer you a contract for the term of the project. You will be assigned to the country in which the intervention is based. Interventions may cover several countries. Expert duties generally require field visits to be carried out to the country or region.
Monthly salary package: Category 1 (B476) – Intervention Manager, i.e. between
5 680,20 euros and 10 883,62 euros (inclusive gross monthly salary and expat benefits: expat and hardship allowances). The salary depends on relevant experience.
Furthermore, our expatriate staff members are also offered customary expat benefits such as a (capped) housing allowance, a moving allowance, an installation allowance, a (capped) school allowance for children accompanying, an insurance package for the whole family, including repatriation insurance, and an annual round-trip flight ticket for each family member.
The amounts disbursed will vary in function of relevant recognised experience for the function, the household’s composition and the fiscal situation.
Are you interested?
Is your profile matching the one we are looking for?
Do not hesitate and send us your application letter and updated CV, at the latest by 27/09/2019 via our website.