Interim Country Director, Bangladesh
Reporting to the International Director, the Interim Country Director will oversee and guide the Bangladesh country team at a time of change and through the finalisation of our annual Strategic Business Plans.
In Bangladesh, we are working to build resilience to climate change, make cities safer, make farming work for smallholder farmers and use energy to transform lives. We do this through a range of programmes, consultancy services and policy/advocacy work with communities, local authorities and the private sector, national government, academic institutions, other NGOs and donors.
The Interim Country Director will be an exemplary leader able to learn quickly, support on-going teambuilding within the Senior Management Team, and continue to drive business development and use good judgement in decision making. Experience of working in Bangladesh / South Asian cultural context will be very helpful.
This is a three – six month position to provide continuity while the permanent post-holder is being recruited.
The Interim Country Director will also participate in Practical Action’s global Strategic Leadership Team, contributing to shaping the group’s priorities and ways of working. We expect all our teams, and especially our leaders to have a strong commitment to Practical Action’s vision, mission and values and ensure the protection of children and vulnerable adults with whom we work.
- Significant experience in the development field preferably at a senior management level.
- Experience of guiding the development of ambitious, viable strategies.
- Knowledge of the Bangladesh and / or South Asia context
- Excellent people mentorship and management capabilities and experience of teambuilding and change management
- Ability to learn quickly and build culturally sensitive relationships
- Good capacity to support business development, including representation and networking
- Experience of managing a multi-million pound portfolios, ensuring delivery, compliance, risk mitigation and controls.
- Ability to work collaboratively and play a global leadership role.
- Excellent written & verbal communications skills, English essential; Bangla desirable.
- Commitment to Practical Action’s vision, mission and values, including safeguarding and gender equality