Information and Communications Technology Manager
Sierra Leone, Freetown
3 months (extendable to 9)
- Degree in Information technology or telecommunications
- Consolidated experience in the development of IT and/or telecommunications systems, preferably applied to the health sector
- Professional experience in the African context will be considered as an asset
- Good knowledge of English; knowledge of Italian will be favourably considered
- Motivation and sense of initiative
- Team building attitude
Within a TA Programme for the development and implementation of a National Emergency Medical Service (NEMS), the Information and Communications Technology Manager (ICTM) is responsible for managing and directing the effective provision of information systems and technology to the whole NEMS from the CER (Central Emegency Room) through the human resources, finance and fleet management units.
The ITCM will provide first line support and ensure that the Data Centre and the network infrastructure are operational 24/7 and that the CER workstations and server systems are serviced and maintained as required.
The ICTM will be responsible for ensuring that the service is delivered to agreed standards.
He/she will mentor the unit heads and ensure that they receive appropriate support and training.
The ICTM will also be required to continue the implementation of NEMS’s strategy for infrastructure and information systems development.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Selection interviews will be done face-to-face or by Skype.