Industry Director - Textiles & Garments
Msingi East Africa Limited is an ambitious and innovative industry development organisation supporting the growth of competitive industries in East Africa. We identify high potential industries, and foster innovation, growth and competitiveness in these industries by providing support, including investment, to pioneering firms, while catalysing the right enabling environment for the industry. We are differentiated by our combination of strong private sector-orientation and skills, and the long-term approach needed to catalyse lasting economic development. Ultimately, Msingi’s goal is to play a key role in East Africa’s long-term economic transformation.
For more information on Msingi visit www.msingi.com.
Msingi is seeking a new Director – Textiles & Garments to initiate and lead the process of developing and implementing the East African Textiles & Apparel industry strategy, and transforming an industry thus impacting millions of citizens of Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda and Uganda.
We're looking for high calibre senior candidates with the vision, drive, credibility, skills and energy to transform the garments and textiles sector across East Africa, along with exemplary leadership and communications skills and a proven track record in industry/economic transformation.
This is a new role in a start-up industry programme, and the successful candidate needs to be able to hit the ground running. The Director will lead strategy development, build a high calibre team, oversee implementation and develop effective working relationships with stakeholders.
The ideal candidates will have:
- at least 15 years' work experience at senior management level in industry OR private sector OR development management in an emerging market context.
- substantive experience in economic transformation work and industry development.
- exemplary strategic leadership and people management skills, including mentoring and coaching skills, as well as a track record of building high performing teams.
- substantial experience of working closely with the governments, particularly in East Africa, would be a significant advantage.
- excellent communications, negotiation and influencing skills to build relationships at the most senior level across the private sector, governments and funders.
While specific experience and understanding of the Textiles and Garments sector is not essential, (but would be a distinct advantage), the Director will need understanding of trade policy and investment promotion approaches, some broad industry development experience and a track record of leading projects to enhance competitiveness in relevant sectors.
For more information and instructions on how to apply, please see: http://oxfordhr.co.uk/jobs/industry-director-textiles-and-garments/