Human Resource Management Adviser
Human Resources Management Adviser – Ministry of Health and Medical Services (MHMS) – Solomon Islands
Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism 2 (PACTAM2)
• Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) – C3
• 12 month role
• Based in Honiara, Solomon Islands
The Ministry of Health and Medical Services (MHMS) is responsible for delivering health care throughout the Solomon Islands. This position will drive strategic reform in HR management and implement an organisational restructure that supports the Role Delineation Policy and delivers high quality primary health care services to all people in the Solomon Islands.
This role is expected to commence in August 2017 for a period of 12 months.
• Support and assist the MHMS to finalise the restructure, have the restructure endorsed by the Ministry of Public Service and approved by cabinet to successfully implement across the Solomon Islands
• Review and finalise the MHMS Human Resources Road Map to ensure alignment with the endorsed Role Delineation Policy
• Support and strengthen the capacity of the HR Management systems, processes and structures
• Assist the Senior Adviser/Team Leader to monitor recruitment to ensure adequate staffing needs are met
• Tertiary qualifications in Human Resource Management, Business or Administration
• At least five years of experience working successfully as a Human Resource Manager, preferably in the health sector or in other large public sector organisations
• Demonstrated experience formulating and implementing an organisational restructure in a large organisation, preferably in a developing or low income country context
• Proven analytical and communication skills, including high level written and oral communication and numeracy skills (with the ability to use databases and spreadsheets)
• Proven experience in building institutional and individual capacity in a cross cultural environment will be highly regarded
• Remuneration in line with the ARF – C3
• Mobility allowance
• Flights, medicals, and insurance
• Pre-departure briefing and in-country orientation
• Ongoing assignment monitoring and support
Scope Global – Engaged in the present to develop the future
Scope Global is a specialist project management company with people as the focus of its program delivery. We have a history of successfully managing projects in the international development and international education sectors.
The Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism Phase 2 (PACTAM2) is an Australian Government initiative, funded through the Australian aid program and managed by Scope Global. It places highly skilled Advisers with Partner Governments in participating Pacific Island countries to build capacity and to meet identified human resource needs. If you are interested in other PACTAM2 opportunities and would like to receive updates, please register your interest.
Scope Global recruitment operates under equal employment opportunity principles and laws. We encourage appropriately qualified and experienced people to apply regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, physical ability or beliefs.
Applications will only be accepted via our online application system. For more detailed information on the position and to apply online, please visit http://www.scopeglobal.com/pactam2/
Applications close midnight ACST Sunday 11th Jne 2017. No late applications will be accepted.
For more information contact a member of our team at recruitment.PACTAM2@scopeglobal.com