Hub Operations Manager
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Do you have experience in the management of a large warehouse/ecommerce operation?
Do you have a proven ability to inspire a diverse group on a large scale?
Do you have excellent inter-personal skills – with the ability to communicate, influence, provide leadership?
If the answer is yes, then would like to hear from you
As a hub operations manager, you will oversee all online Hub operations within Milton Point and to be instrumental in the growth and development of our online business. Through strong leadership you will lead and empower a team of staff, trainees and volunteers to deliver high levels of excellent customer service while offering support, direction and inspiration when needed.
You will develop a strong sense of teamwork working together to deliver high levels of performance across the whole business.
What we are looking for
We’re looking for a candidate who cares about Oxfam's mission to end poverty and is personally aligned to the values of empowerment, accountability and inclusion in all you do and our feminist principles.
An ideal candidate for the role will also be / have:
- Work in line with Oxfam’s values of accountability, empowerment, and inclusiveness
- Be an effective role model demonstrating high levels of performance and professionalism with a continued focus on personal development
- Be experienced in the management of a large warehouse/ecommerce operation
- Have a proven ability to inspire a diverse group on a large scale and to performance manage individuals and teams to get the best from them
- Have excellent inter-personal skills – with the ability to communicate, influence, provide leadership and present information and ideas at all levels both internally and externally when required
- Have experience in working successfully in collaboration with others across teams and departments.
- Have experience of managing financials including £m+ budgets. Ability to analyse data to support informed decision making and problem resolution
- Be able to organise and balance own workload with often conflicting priorities. Be able to demonstrate high levels of resilience.
- Be adaptable and flexible
- Have a high level of numeracy and IT literacy.
This role will give you an opportunity to work with a group of passionate people fair pay and competitive benefits package.
We believe flexible working is key to building the Oxfam of the future, so we’re open to talking through the type of flexible arrangements which might work for you and the business.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 19 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
In response to Covid-19 if you are offered a role where you are required to travel between countries please ensure you have been briefed by the Hiring Manager about any changes to working or precautions you should take as part of your role.