HRD and Academic Adviser (Australia Awards Mongolia)
About us: Scope Global – People Focused Programs
Scope Global is a specialist project management company delivering international development and education projects and programs throughout Asia and the Pacific. With over 25 years’ experience in managing people-focused programs on behalf of a wide range of clients, we offer extensive international experience and unique program management expertise and capabilities.
Through Australia Awards in Mongolia, the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) provides opportunities for eligible nationals of Mongolia to undertake study in Australia in priority sectors agreed with the Government of Mongolia. Scope Global has been contracted to support DFAT in Mongolia in managing the administrative, logistical and managerial domain of Australia Awards in Mongolia.
About the opportunity:
The purpose of this consultancy is to provide academic advice to Australia Awards in Mongolia. This includes advice to Scope Global, the Australia Awards in Mongolia in-country team, students undertaking academic preparation and students undertaking a postgraduate program in Australia and postgraduates who are nearing completion of their Master’s degree and need assistance to return to Mongolia in terms of career pathways, academic articulation and employment.
The Adviser will ensure that proposed courses are appropriate and meet the HRD needs of their employers; provide advice to the team and awardees on university and course selection, and whether the awardee meets the academic pre-qualification requirements; assist the team with securing appropriate academic placements for awardees; provide advice on the IELTS/TOEFL conversion; advise awardees about course articulation, pathways, foundation courses, early exit options, etc.
- Position reports to: Team Leader
- Location: home-based with travel to Mongolia as required
- Contract type: Short-term adviser (90 days until September 2021, ARF B4)
For more information please view the terms of reference.
- Proven experience in course advice taking account of career pathways and employment destination. This experience involves first-tier exposure with equity pathways and inclusive development.
- Detailed knowledge of the Australian university system, courses structure, entry requirements, pre-requisite requirements, English language requirements and the most appropriate courses and qualifications for the priority fields of study and specialisation as detailed in the Mongolia Country Profile.
- Sound knowledge of international standards and protocols for English language training preparation and academic orientations programs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the necessary cultural sensitivity.
Visit https://scopeglobal.bamboohr.com/jobs/ to find out more about the role and to submit your online application (upload cover letter and CV, and address the selection criteria listed on the system).
Applications will close Sunday 24th March. Please note that only applications submitted via our online system will be considered.
Scope Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we pride ourselves on our diverse and inclusive workforce. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect for all employees, and we encourage people from different backgrounds to apply (including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from different cultural backgrounds and people with disabilities).
Scope Global is a child safe organisation and will ask all applicants to undergo our child safe recruitment procedures. All employees and representatives must sign and agree to conform to the Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct as a condition of employment/engagement with the organisation.