Health, Safety and Security Coordinator
- 30 June 2023, with possibility of extension
- Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, with travel to provinces and Australia as required
The Australia Awards Papua New Guinea (AAPNG) Facility is designed to promote knowledge, leadership and enduring ties between Australia and Papua New Guinea (PNG). It aims to build knowledge and skills to address PNG’s economic and development challenges through international scholarships to Australia and scholarships in PNG.
It offers the next generation of leaders in Papua New Guinea opportunities to acquire professional and technical knowledge and skills relevant to the priorities of the Government of PNG. The program ensures opportunities are provided for women, people with disabilities and people from rural and remote locations. The program supports alumni to use their skills, knowledge and networks to drive change and innovation.
AAPNG includes three study options:
- Australia Award Scholarships for Papua New Guineans to undertake long-term study in Australia, primarily at the postgraduate level;
- Australia Awards Short Course Awards for Papua New Guineans to undertake short-term professional development study in Australia or PNG, often receiving an Australian qualification; and
- Australia Awards In-PNG Scholarships for Papua New Guineans to undertake long-term study in PNG to meet critical workforce gaps.
To deliver Australia Awards outcomes, AAPNG has six stream activities: Australia Awards; PNG and Pacific Awards; Short Course Awards; Alumni Engagement; Secondary Schools; and Higher Education. AAPNG is managed by Tetra Tech International Development, on behalf of the Australian Government.
Reporting to the Deputy Director, the Health Safety and Security (HSS) Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of activities for AAPNG operations to ensure a working environment for staff that is compliant and adheres to relevant workplace health and safety legislation, policy and guidelines.
- Completion of Year 12
- Valid First Aid certificate
- Current Drivers licence
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a similar role in the private or donor sector
- Proven experience in:
- Health, Safety & Security coordination
- Travel and logistics coordination
- Risk assessments
- Liaising with relevant suppliers
- Current knowledge of relevant health, safety and security legislation
- Effective English - both verbal and written
- Excellent computer skills for MS Word and Excel.
This position is locally engaged and reserved for National Citizens of Papua New Guinea.
How to Apply
To view a detailed position description and to apply, please visit www.intdev.tetratechasiapacific.com/join-us and search for job number 498863. Please note that applications will only be accepted via the online application process on the Tetra Tech International Development Website.
For further enquiries, please contact us at IDEV.HRServices@tetratech.com and quote the job reference number 498863
Applications close: 5pm (PNG time) Wednesday 07 April 2021
Tetra Tech International Development has a 40-year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK's Department for International Development (now known as the Foreign and Commonwealth Development Office). Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people's lives.
Tetra Tech International Development has robust policies and guidelines which exemplify our commitment to safeguarding and technical excellence in gender equality. Our team of dedicated GEDSI advisers work closely with our staff and partners to ensure a context-specific and consistent approach is applied to all our programmes to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalised groups.
Tetra Tech International Development is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection.