Global Youth Employment Lead
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation is one of the largest Dutch, development organisations with operations in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. SNV aims to lift up incomes and access to basic services. They make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty, helping them raise incomes and access basic services. Driven by the Sustainable Development Goals, they are dedicated to a society in which all people are free to pursue their own sustainable development, and no one is left behind. This commitment to equity directs them to focus on gender and youth.
Global Youth Employment Lead
The Global Youth Employment Lead – under the leadership of the Global Head of Agriculture, but also working closely with the Global Heads of Energy and WASH – develops and continuously improves the description and the methods, tools and approaches of all youth employment related work of SNV. The Opportunities for Youth Employment Product applies an inclusive market-based approach.
The Global Youth Employment Lead monitors and manages the quality of project development and implementation for all SNV projects globally that include Youth Employment components in order to support project teams around the globe to create sustainable impact while achieving agreed revenue and margin targets. Key aspects of this include developing and nurturing relationships with key donors, leading and contributing to the development of funding proposals, building capacity of staff around the world and providing technical assistance directly to project teams. The Coordinator steers the knowledge sharing and learning agenda on Youth Employment across SNV and guides Agriculture Sector Leaders and Project Managers in up to 27 SNV Country Offices on theories and best practice relating to youth employment.
The Global Youth Employment Lead represents SNV with key youth employment stakeholders and at selected events at international and occasionally at national level, building partnerships with relevant actors (companies, research institutions, universities, donors etc) through professional profiling and by promoting SNV’s strategy, vision and level of (product and project) knowledge. The Lead identifies and enters global partnerships with knowledge institutes in consultation with the Global Head of Agriculture.
- Masters degree in specialised/relevant technical field and minimum 10 or more years relevant experience in development work, project implementation in an international, multiple country context. Relevant advanced academic qualification in economics, education or another field relevant to Youth Employment;
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Youth Employment programs including at least 5 years in a project management role in Africa or Asia;
- Solid and strong background in youth employment activities and proven track record in relevant development work
- Solid experience to strengthen SNV’s global position in the OYE field, develops new business and innovative solutions;
- Demonstrated understanding of the Technical Vocational Education Training (TVET) sector, including more practical and market relevant vocational skills training. Demonstrated experience in and understanding of “dual vocational training” (classroom + on-the-job), which is at the core of the OYE approach;
- Has the experience to steer, give direction and advise project managers;
- Proven track record in project management, specifically in project planning, monitoring, evaluation, reporting and financial management for large-scale comprehensive projects;
- International work experience and the ability to effectively coach and lead a team of advisors in a multi-cultural setting;
- Strong background in business development; demonstrated programme design, proposal writing and international donor relationship management;
- Proficiency in English and French required;
- The successful candidate will be a self-motivated achiever with excellent intercultural leadership, teamwork, coaching, communication, networking and organisational skills;
- The successful candidate will be a conceptual thinker, having and gaining insight into situations, problems and processes.