Second Tree relies on voluntary donations to continue helping refugees and asylum seekers in Greece. We rely on people’s generosity and require a fundraising manager to tap into this effectively! This is a brilliant opportunity to work in an emerging NGO and gain valuable experience in the humanitarian sector. The role will focus on strengthening relationships with donors and supporters; recruiting new donors, and researching and applying for grants.
You will develop, and maximize income from new and existing fundraising streams, including but not limited to community fundraising, individual giving and corporate social responsibility. You will manage and implement new fundraising initiatives and achieve their income targets; act as a fundraising advocate in the local community and attend networking events; develop and maintain key relationships particularly within organizations and companies.
The role will include:
- Developing and implementing a multi-media fundraising strategy to engage our supporters;
- Developing and delivering new ways to engage the public with support for our work;
- Building relationships with stakeholders in order to engage and raise awareness of and support for our work;
To be successful the candidate will have experience working in fundraising and experience in leading successful fundraising campaigns and initiatives. The ability to use own initiative, and solve problems is essential.
In addition, the candidate will have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrable ability to build relationships and influence, both internally and externally;
- Experience of project managing successful fundraising initiatives such as appeals, events or campaigns;
- Ability to manage time effectively, prioritize workload, plan ahead and achieve deadlines;
- Excellent telephone manner, able to present a warm, friendly, but efficient and professional image of the organization;
- Experience managing budgets;
- Good IT literacy including Microsoft Word and Excel
What We Offer:
We believe that a good fundraising strategy must embody the essence of the organization and cause it is campaigning for. In order for this to happen, the successful candidate will be encouraged to join us on the ground and immerse themselves in our work. Your participation could take on many forms, from support in the education programs to activities in the kindergarten to the delivery of workshops and expeditions with the Youth Scouts – we look forward to hearing your ideas on how best to apply your skills in this context. This immersion will give you a solid sense of our work, our mission and our approach – which would facilitate your ability to attract supporters.
We have two volunteer houses that can host up to nine people where long-term volunteers are accommodated. Some volunteers choose to rent their own accommodation. In certain periods of the year, demand is extremely high, and the volunteer houses might be full. If you have the means to pay for your own accommodation, please let us know. We would still be happy to host you if space is available. However, in a situation where the volunteer houses are full, this would allow us to offer a volunteering opportunity to someone that cannot afford to pay rent.
By coming here, you would gain a first-hand experience of the situation on the ground, working in a grassroots organization with a small but dedicated team.
We encourage applicants to work with us on the ground, but even if you cannot physically come to Greece, we will still consider your application.
How to apply
Please send the following to Giovanni Fontana at: firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Your CV
2) Your cover letter
In the email, please:
3) Put “Fundraising Office (eldis.org)” as the subject line
4) Specify the dates you would be available to volunteer.
If the application includes all of these we will get back to you in a maximum of 48hs.