Finance Systems Analyst
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
Program / Department Summary
The Finance and Compliance Support Unit (FCSU) provides support to Mercy Corps’ HQ and field operations in the areas of finance training, finance systems and processes, compliance with internal policies and procedures, and compliance with donor regulations. Our mission is to increase the level of knowledge and the availability of tools and resources to promote the highest possible standard of financial accountability, transparency, efficiency, and donor compliance. The Financial System and Reporting Project Team (FSRP), a team within the FCSU, is responsible for leading and coordinating implementation of Mercy Corps global financial accounting and reporting solutions and for supporting integration with a growing suite of ERP applications.
General Position Summary
This role will support the optimization of finance system technologies to enable business processes. The role will be responsible for the daily administration and ongoing production support of Mercy Corps’ global financial software, Serenic Navigator.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Control Navigator user account management and scheduled jobs, and support other Navigator application administrator processes.
- Work independently and with internal teams to define and solve business and technical problems.
- Lead and coordinate testing of production changes, including upgrades and other configuration, process, and functionality updates.
- Produce system and procedure documentation.
- Design and implement monitoring tools and analytics to ensure Navigator use compliance and efficiency.
- Contribute to design and integration of Navigator data and processes with other ERP applications.
- Manage the Navigator user helpdesk, building a knowledge base and monitoring tickets for trends.
- Troubleshoot issues reported by users and coordinate resolution with other stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
ACCOUNTABILITY TO PARTNERS
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our partners and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging partner communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Reports Directly To: Finance Systems Manager
Works Directly With: FCSU, International Finance, Corporate Finance, Field Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, and Global Procurement
Knowledge and Experience
- BA/BS in Accounting or equivalent work experience is required
- 2+ years auditing experience required, CPA preferred
- Familiarity with not-for-profit GAAP and general not-for-profit compliance requirements. USG grant management experience a plus.
- 3 to 5 years progressive experience with use, design, implementation, and support of financial accounting software systems in a medium to large organization
- Experience working with IT to design and manage data/system integrations, data ETL processes, and reporting systems. Experience working with cloud solutions a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated proficiency writing technical business cases, functional requirements specifications, and process and procedure documentation
Systems-thinking. Superior analytical skills. Excels at both defining and solving problems, big and small. Prone to inquiry, investigation, and documentation. Able to work independently and collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams. Quickly understands business issues and data challenges at both user and organizational levels. Communicates clearly and concisely. Conceptualizes and designs new processes for practical applications. Identifies how changes will impact current processes and pave paths for future processes. Must have a zeal for detail and precision, and enjoy the challenge of making complex matters simple for others to understand. Strong commitment to teamwork and accountability. A sense of humor. Creativity. Patience. Pith. A calm sense of urgency.
Living Conditions / Environmental Conditions
The role is based at Mercy Corps US HQ in Portland Oregon. Travel will be minimal.
Fostering a diverse and open workplace is an important part of Mercy Corps’ vision. Mercy Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment.