Finance and Administration Officer
- Based in Funafuti, Tuvalu with the possibility of travel to the outer islands and Fiji as required
- Full time, 12 months with an option to extend
Australian Support to Education in Tuvalu, implemented by the Fiji Program Support Facility
The Australian Government has established the Fiji Program Support Facility (the Facility) to implement its Education, Health and Awards programs in Fiji and its Education and Awards Programs in Tuvalu. The Facility also supports the delivery of Australia’s emergency preparedness and response efforts and governance support in Fiji and integrates cross cutting priorities of civil society engagement, gender equality and social inclusion and climate change across all programs. The Facility is managed by Coffey International Development.
The FMSU Finance Officer is responsible for providing general finance and administration support to the Fiji Program Support Facility team and will work closely with the Finance and Grants Manager, Operations Manager and other Operations team members. The Unit strives to deliver high quality, timely and flexible services to contribute to the activities of the Facility Management Support Unit to support the delivery of programs/activities by the Facility.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage all day-to-day transactions from Tuvalu operating account for the program.
- Manage the Petty Cash fund including payments, advances, acquittals, preparing regular petty cash reconciliations and preparing requests to replenish the fund.
- Prepare payments for goods and services (normally cheques), including preparing complete and correct supporting documentation is complete, submit for approval and then once approved process payment.
- Perform day-to-day procurement/purchasing of goods and services for the Facility for example accommodation, flights/transport, equipment and office services.
- Maintain all finance and procurement records ensuring they are up-to-date each week and electronic scans are saved on the Facility server according to the file naming protocol.
- Prepare day-to-day financial reports for the program and support the Team Leader to prepare financial forecasts for activities.
- Maintain the equipment and asset register and conduct inventories each quarter - ensure assets are tagged, well maintained/functional and issued to, and returned by staff, as required.
- Process travel requests for staff including making bookings for accommodation, flights, boats and per diem calculations.
- Support ICT functions of the program and staff by submitting and following up trouble-shooting requests to the Coffey ICT support.
The ideal candidate for this position will have tertiary qualifications in an accounting, finance, business or commerce qualification subjects.
Demonstrated experience in a similar or relevant position providing support to the project team in in a range of finance and general office administration duties is essential.
Strong Experience in working with finance/accounting, Excel and Word computing packages, is highly desirable as is the ability to work with a range of stakeholders in a diverse and multicultural team environment.
Fiji nationals only are asked to apply for this position.
How to Apply
For a detailed position description and to apply for this position please visit www.coffey.com/careers click on ‘career opportunities’ and search for the job reference number 497716.
For further enquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 6.00pm (Fiji time) 27th March 2019.
This Facility is being administered by Coffey, a Tetra Tech company, on behalf of the Australian Government.
Coffey is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection.