Director for Resource Mobilization and Grant Management
About the Organization
Our client is a global leading non-formal education organisation. It focuses on the development of young people to achieve their full potential and contribute, as responsible citizens, to the local, national, and international communities.
The organization is a federation of member organizations and it is represented globally through 6 regional offices.
About the Position
This is a newly created position to lead the implementation of the organisation’s Resource Mobilization strategy, encompassing work in increasing the financial sustainability of the organization, diversifying its funding portfolio and forming meaningful partnerships leading towards stronger brand recognition.
- In partnership with the Senior Management, set annual targets for fundraising and key outcomes for the Resource Mobilization and Project Management team;
- Develop and maintain relationships with institutional donors, foundations, philanthropic institutions and corporate partners supporting the organization’s work worldwide;
- Generate new leads for funding through continuous prospect research, target outreach and regular participation in relevant networks and events;
- Oversee the organization’s externally funded project management efforts, monitor donor compliance and ensure timely reporting;
- Oversee the organization’s sub-granting processes and ensure compliance with established policies and procedures;
- Oversee the reporting and regular coordination of the Donors Advised Funds;
- Provide strategic guidance and capacity building to the staff (both global and regional) leading externally funded projects, as well as the capacity of members partnering on externally funded projects;
- Lead and coach a newly merged team for Resource Mobilization and Project Management, with portfolio assignments including:
- Proposal writing
- Project management
- Sub-granting processes
- Monitoring & Evaluation
- Donor reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area required (Master’s degree preferred)
- 10 years of experience in international relations, fundraising, advocacy and partnerships.
- An extensive and demonstrated track record of planning, developing and delivering a wide range of fundraising projects with international donors, foundations, philanthropists, and/or corporate sponsors.
- Extensive experience in
- prospect research and cultivating and maintaining relationships with donors and partners.
- preparing project proposals and grant writing,
- managing externally funded projects, including compliance with narrative and financial reporting of international donors,
- overseeing large-scale sub-granting processes,
- impact measurement and monitoring & evaluation metrics for projects and grants.
- Significant experience in project management at a high level in a non-profit environment.
- Demonstrated experience in setting up and managing monitoring systems and initiating regular evaluations of programs.
- Experience in youth development and non-formal education is considered an asset.
- Proven team leadership in an international context, leading direct relationships with staff and volunteers, as well as matrix and remote teams.
- Excellent managerial skills, interpersonal and networking skills, as well as the ability to conduct professional working relationships.
- Dynamic leader with innovative approaches.
- Knowledge of donor rules and regulations, and ability to manage and prioritize multi-donor funding.
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high emotion intelligence
- Written and oral fluency in English is a must. Additional international language(s) is desirable
- Ability to function as a social entrepreneur