Director, Operational Policy and Results Division
IFAD is seeking a highly qualified candidate from IFAD member countries, to lead their Operational Policy and Results Division, OPR, within the Programme Management Department. The ideal candidate will have a successful senior experience in IFIs, demonstrated leadership and strategic skills and superb communication and representation skills.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Associate Vice-President PMD, the Director Operational Policy and Results Division (OPR) will
lead, manage and motivate a team of managers/senior specialists who are alsosupervisors, specialists and assistants. Most typically as a member of a departmental management team, s/he is responsible for managing and supervisingthe delivery of a division’s programme of work within an allocated budget. Director
OPR plays a substantive role during Executive Board meetings, including of subsidiary bodies, and has substantial external representational duties.
- Strategic thinking and organizational development: Strategic leadership (Level 2)
- Demonstrating Leadership: Leads by example; initiates and supports change (Level 2)
- Learning, sharing knowledge and innovating: Challenges, innovates and contributes to a learning culture (Level 2)
- Focusing on clients: Contributes to a client-focused culture (Level 2)
- Problem solving and decision making: Solves complex problems and makes decisions that have wider corporate impact (Level 2)
- Managing time, resources and information: Coordinates wider use of time, information and/or resources (Level 2)
- Team Work: Fosters a cohesive team environment (Level 2)
- Communicating and negotiating: Acquires and uses a wide range of communication styles and skills (Level 2)
- Building relationships and partnerships: Builds and maintains strategic partnerships internally and externally (Level 2)
- Managing performance and developing staff: Manages wider teams with greater impact on others and on the organization (Level 2)
- Recognized management skills in a multicultural setting, combined with ability to achieve results through motivating people and influencing partners.
- Results-oriented decision-making ability with an aptitude to address operational challenges and for developing practical solutions.
- Innovator with risk management ability and a proven track record as a successful agent of change.
- Rigorous analytical and conceptual thinking.
- High sense of integrity, trust and confidence.
- Champion of IFAD’s values: respect for the individual, integrity, professionalism and focus on results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, including the ability to set out a coherent analysis in presentations.
- Strong diplomatic and communication skills and the ability to develop effective working relationships with clients and counterparts at the appropriate levels,
- Ability to represent IFAD in international fora.
- Solid understanding of IFI’s operational cycles and business processes, including self evaluation and results reporting systems is desirable.
- Extensive exposure to international processes on innovative development finance and development effectiveness, including the Managing for Results agenda, is desirable.
- Direct experience in operational compliance functions, including safeguards, procurement, risk management, and /or performance based allocation systems for concessional finance is desirable.
- Experience in participating in IFI replenishment consultations, with substantial exposure to IFI shareholders and Executive Board members is desirable
- Advanced university degree in economics, public policy, international relations or any other relevant field from an accredited institution.
Experience: Technical and Managerial
- At least twelve (12) years of progressively responsible professional experience in an international organization preferably in an international financial institution (IFI) through a combination of corporate and field-based experience.
- Progressively responsible supervisory/ team leader experience in a multicultural setting is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Working knowledge of another official language (Arabic, French, or Spanish) is desirable.