Deputy Country Director - Programmes (INT3460)
Oxfam works with others to overcome poverty and suffering. As an Oxfam employee, you will join a team of professionals that is part of the international confederation of 17 organizations networked together in 94 countries. As part of a global movement for change, we are working together to end world poverty and injustice.
Oxfam in South Sudan
Oxfam has a dedicated team of almost 450 staff working across South Sudan to rebuild jobs and livelihoods, provide humanitarian assistance and promote active citizenship. We focus on providing clean water, public health and livelihoods support, and work with partners on peace building and governance issues. In 2015, the organisation consolidated its efforts to meet the needs of the most vulnerable and has reached over 1.2 million people across South Sudan with life-saving sustainable assistance. Oxfam’s Humanitarian programme currently operates through 5 field bases in Jonglei, 1 field base in Upper Nile and 2 field bases in Unity State and Oxfam has the capacity to respond nationwide to humanitarian emergencies. The development team currently operates in Western Bahr El Ghazal and Lakes State, and through partners in the Equatorias.
The South Sudan Deputy Director (DCD) - Programmes is a senior programme leadership opportunity that will contribute to realize Oxfam’s strategic vision in South Sudan. The DCD Programmes will ensure the proper implantation of ‘one programme’ strategies and plans, maintaining the coordination, linkages and synergies within and between the long term and humanitarian programmes as well as contributing to linking these programmes with influencing and ensuring programme quality, protection and gender justice is mainstreamed throughout. The DCD Programmes reports to the CD and is a member of the Country Management Team (CMT). S/he will work closely with other CMT members in the strategic leadership and further development of Oxfam South Sudan Country Strategy.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and subsistence benefits
- Accommodation and utility bills paid by Oxfam
- Regular paid Rest and Relaxation (R&R) breaks
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Comprehensive medical insurance cover.
- Various policies supporting staff for pension, maternity, paternity, dependency leave etc.
- Oxfam also focus on investment in their staff through learning and development opportunities and performance management.
Who we are looking for
- We are looking for someone who has a Post Graduate Degree, or Degree with equivalent work experience in a relevant field. The successful candidate should also have extensive experience in large scale humanitarian programming at senior level and humanitarian management in complex insecure environments. H/she should also have proven ability to influence and negotiate with internal and external audiences including in complex and stressful circumstances.
Would you like to join a fast-paced global team working to improve the lives of South Sudanese people? If you meet the above requirements for the role apply online through the link below
For more details on the role see the attached Job profile
Deadline: 24 May 2017