Data Manager – Epidemiologist Expert
Short Summary of the intervention
The new country programme for the Belgo-Rwandan cooperation 2019 – 2024 will intervene in the health sector, with the general objective: “The delivery of sexual and reproductive health services including family planning services is increased as well as the access of households to heath care”.
Two complementary interventions are foreseen, each with its specific objective:
Specific objective 1: To ensure that all women, new-borns, children, adolescents and men have universal access to quality integrated RMNCAH (Reproductive, Maternal, New-born, Child and Adolescent Health) and/or FP/ASRH (Family Planning & Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health) services, using a result-based financing methodology,
Specific objective 2: To ensure accessible, evidence-based, improved and innovative sexual and reproductive health services for empowered citizens.
The expert ensures accessible, evidence-based, improved and innovated sexual and reproductive health services for empowered citizens in 7 districts.
N+1: Intervention Manager Public Health
- Ministry of Health and Rwanda Biomedical Center through its Maternal, Child and Community Health Division (MCCH): The senior ITA Social Scientist will be anchored at the MCCH Division.
- Districts: District authorities (Mayor and Vice Mayor of Social Affairs), the Health Management Team (DHMT) and the District Health Unit (DHU). The DHU Director will be the counterpart for the implementation and the management of the interventions at district level.
- The ITA Data-manager/epidemiologist will contribute to the implementation of the interventions of the Health program by providing input for planning, execution, coordination, and monitoring and evaluation activities.
- The ITA will support the Maternal, Child and Community Health Division (RBC-MoH) in its process of improving and consolidating the existing health information monitoring and evaluation system: availability of quality data, analysis and use for evidence-based decision-making at district and central level.
- Build capacity of 7 districts’ District Health Management Team, District Health Unit staff and central level staff on effective data collection and analysis, self-reflection & monitoring based on data and evaluation methods.
Expected results of the function:
The ITA Data Manager/epidemiologist will support MCCH Division to assure the availability of quality data both at the level of the health managers and the users of the health services, to analyse data for evidence-based decision-making at district and central level, and to support the process of evidence-based documentation of innovative experiences and their capitalisation. He/she will also support the RBF component by assuring MoH is able to provide in time the necessary results reports regarding disbursement-linked indicators.
Master’s degree in Public health and/or in Epidemiology with large expertise in data management and Health information systems
- At least 5 years of experience in providing support to Health Management Information Systems and Monitoring and Evaluation on health interventions
- Experience in using Health Information Database and any electronic medical recording system
- Experience in conducting evaluations, operational research, action-research and surveys in the health sector
- Experience in accompanying of change process and capacity building
- Experience in providing support to Health Management Information Systems and Monitoring and Evaluation in the sector of sexual and reproductive health will be considered an asset
- Expertise in action-research, knowledge management and knowledge building including basic statistical and epidemiology knowledge
- Clear and concise writing skills, good communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong interpersonal and coaching skills
- Capacity to work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary context
- Knowledge of the health sector in East Africa and in Rwanda is considered an asset
- Fluent in English, basic knowledge of French, Dutch or Kinyarwanda will be considered an asset
- Good knowledge of ICT (Word, Excel, Power Point and Database)
We offer you
You will work on a full-time basis.
Duty station: Kigali – Rwanda, with regular travelling in Rwanda.
Desired starting date : 1st of September 2019
Duration of the assignment: until the 31st of August 2022 (possible extension to 30 June 2024)
Monthly salary package: (cat.B417) between 5 247,17euro and 7 344,22 euro (this includes the gross monthly salary and the expat benefits: hardship allowance and expat allowance). The salary is calculated, depending on the composition of the family and the number of years of relevant experience.
A recruitment pool may be constituted following this recruitment procedure for similar functions in our intervention countries.
Are you interested?
Is your profile matching the one we are looking for ?
If you qualify for this position, please send in your application letter and updated CV through GO4HR, no later than June 16th 2019.