Curriculum Support Officer (National)
- Opportunity to contribute to the education sector in Vanuatu
- Full time until December 2021
- Based in Port Vila, Vanuatu
On behalf of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade Coffey is managing the delivery of support and technical assistance to the Vanuatu Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) as part of the Vanuatu Education Support Program (VESP II). We support the MoET implement its reform program that focuses on children having better access to an inclusive and quality basic education that is well managed and resourced through evidence-based decision making.
VESP II commenced in February 2019 and will help build on the Ministry’s reforms to date and support teachers and students into the senior Primary years. Coffey through VESP II is seeking applications for the position of Curriculum Support Officer to join this program.
Reserved for Vanuatu Citizens
The VESP II Curriculum Support Officer will be located at the Curriculum Development Unit (CDU) at Malapoa and will work with the Curriculum Advisor, CDU staff and with Ministry Provincial staff including OVEMIS Offices. Initial focus will be to confirm school kits and coordinating distribution of large volume of teaching and learning materials for schools affected by TC Harold.
Reporting to the Principal Education Officer (CDU), the Officer will help to coordinate the procurement production scheduling (including printing, collation, packing and distribution) of classroom material that help support the teaching and learning in schools. The Officer will assist CDU in their communication to schools via the Provincial Education Office.
The Support Officer will also liaise with the commercial suppliers who provide services or curriculum books / resources and the VESP team and coordinate the delivery of materials out to schools. The Support Officer will support the CDU with following VESP procurement processes, and VESP funding process to support associated activities.
Some key responsibilities will include:
- Support CDU staff and provinces to plan for the development of replacement kits
- Confirm neccesary materials with appropriate staff, and support procurement efforts
- Coordinate distribution to schools with appropriate communication, including what is being provided, how to use and how to store securely when not in use
- Development of distribution plans so delivery of resources to all schools is managed through the agreed provincial sites.
- Track and monitor the delivery of resources to schools using Ministry’s OVEMIS system.
- Assist in the preparation of funding requests and associated documents; including distribution costs and resourcing
- Assist the Materials Distribution Officer in the collation and packing of curriculum materials prior to their distribution to schools.
- Assist CDU in distribution and following up on the receipt at schools of the 2020 VANSTA results
- Support CDU in its reporting on progress of both the production and then the distribution of learning resources to schools, including verifying their receipt at the school level.
- Undertake other duties as required by the CDU.
We are seeking applicants with experience in planning logistics for procurement and production, distribution networks and warehouse management. You will have demonstrated experience in consulting and negotiating with commercial suppliers as well as having knowledge of MoET or other government systems at central, provincial and local level. You will manitain accurate records throughout the distribution process and use your networking skills to confirm supply. Capacity of relevant provincial suppliers and contractors to support distribution and knowledge of development principles, including gender equality and social inclusion will be well regarded.
To be successful in this role, you must have good written and spoken English and have the ability to gather and document information in a form that is simple, accurate and timely. You will also have good negotiation skills and the ability to manage competing views to achieve resolution. You will be an effective communicator with excellent attention to detail and have the ability to work in a cooperative manner as part of a dynamic team and with a diverse range of people and cultures. Proficiency in English is essential and proficiency in French and / or Bislama is highly desirable.It is expected that you know how to use Microsoft Excel.
How to Apply
For a detailed position description and to apply for this position please visit www.coffey.com/careers click on ‘career opportunities’ and search for the reference number 498365
Applications close 5.00pm (Port Vila time) Sunday 31st of May 2020
For further enquiries please contact: IDEV.HRServices@coffey.com
Vanuatu Education Support Program Phase II is managed by Coffey, a Tetra Tech company, on behalf of the Australian Government.
Coffey is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection.