Country Director - Bangladesh
Starting salary and benefits: BDT 48,00,000/- gross per annum + medical reimbursement, provident fund, gratuity and medical insurance.
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Contract Status: Fixed Term 3 years
Closing date: 28 June 2019
Poverty is an outrage against humanity. It robs people of dignity, freedom and hope, of power over their own lives. Christian Aid has a vision – an end to poverty – and we believe that vision can become a reality. In Bangladesh, we provide practical support to meet the social and economic needs of the most vulnerable and marginalised; responding to emergency needs of people and communities displaced by conflict and disasters. We strive to expose the scandal of poverty; and are committed to the building of local agency. We have done this by standing in solidarity with others across the world, alleviating suffering, saving lives and restoring dignity, and building a movement of justice for all.
We have been working in Bangladesh since 1972. We are recognized for our emergency response work, climate change, disaster risk management and gender equality issues.
About the role
The post holder will be responsible for leading and developing an empowered team, one that is confident to take decisions within agreed parameters. The post holder will be responsible for developing country plans, ensuring effective reporting and provide evidence of the programme’s impact. The Country Director will be the senior representative of Christian Aid in-country and be responsible for developing and maintaining strategic relationships, that strengthen the impact of Christian Aid’s programme. The role will also be responsible for developing relationships with peer organisations and the donor community to leverage resources in order to strengthen the programme.
Key outcomes of this position includes:
- Country policy and country strategy developed, reflecting Christian Aid’s global strategy and values. The strategy will reflect our ambitions with regards humanitarian and development programming, advocacy, campaigns and communications.
- Develop a dynamic portfolio of partners; local, national and international. Ensure that in the event of an emergency, Christian Aid is able to respond effectively through a team of capable staff and partners.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to safeguarding across all of Christian Aid’s work.
- Demonstrate effective accountability to communities, partners, staff, donors and supporters.
- Staff recruited, managed, developed, performing to a high standard and meeting their objectives.
- Promotion of the Christian Aid brand and enhancement of it’s reputation through positive relationships with a wide range of strategic stakeholders including donors, governments and networks.
- Ensuring programme quality at the highest level and evidence of impact informs wider learning.
- Leadership in all Christian Aid legal, financial and compliance requirements including responsibility for security management, quarterly reporting and monthly country returns, finance, HR and IT
- We are looking forward to a candidate with a minimum of eight years of international professional experience at senior level in the development and humanitarian sector. You will have experience of leading a team and programmes for at least five years.
- You will have sound knowledge of managing Institutional donors supported programmes and be confident in programme appraisal, monitoring and evaluation.
- You will be confident in developing relationships and have experience in coordination with civil society organisations, peer agencies, donors, UN agencies and the government.
- You will have experience of a range of approaches to the evidencing of impact, budgeting and tracking budgets.
- You will have experience of leading strategic thinking, planning, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation.
- You will be able to demonstrate a commitment to accountability, putting communities at the heart of our work.
- You will need to be fluent in English and have excellent communication skills.
We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief. We encourage applications from socially excluded communities religious minorities, people living with disabilities and especially women candidates to apply.
You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including a competitive holiday allowance and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
How to apply
To apply for this post please log on to Christian Aid Jobs to complete the online application form and upload your updated resume.
For queries related to the role and online applications please contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org