Consultancy: Stakeholder Analysis
CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
SHORT-TERM CONSULTANT (FEMALE)
FOR A STAKEHOLDER ANALYSIS
IN LIBERIA, SIERRA LEONE AND CÔTE D'IVOIRE
About medica mondiale
medica mondiale is a non-governmental organisation based in Cologne, Germany. As a feminist women’s rights organisation medica mondiale supports women and girls in war and crisis zones throughout the world. Through own programmes and in cooperation with local women’s organisations we offer holistic support to women and girl affected by sexualised and gender based violence. On the political level, we promote women’srights and call for effective protection, justice and political participation of survivors of violence. Currently medica mondiale is working in Northern Iraq/ Kurdistan, in Afghanistan, in West Africa/Mano River Region, in Southeastern Europe and in the African Great Lakes Region.
medica mondiale’s engagement in its focal regions is based on multi-year Regional Concepts, with target groups, objectives and indicators and thematic fields. These in turn are based on the International Programmes Strategy. Subject of this call is to carry out a comprehensive stakeholder analysis in Liberia, Sierra Leone and Côte d'Ivoire to support the further development of the Regional Concept and the future engagement in the region.
Objective of the consultancy
The interventions of relevant actors in Liberia, Sierra Leone and Côte d'Ivoire are analysed and presented in a way that they can be used by medica mondiale and its partners for programme development.
This includes the following outputs:
- Relevant stakeholders in Liberia, Sierra Leone and Côte d'Ivoire for developing the regional strategy are identified and categorised according to their area of intervention, thematic focus and work approach.
- Potential entry points, synergy effects and cooperation opportunities for medica mondiale and partners in Liberia, Sierra Leone and Côte d'Ivoire with the identified stakeholders are analyzed.
- Based on the above analysis, recommendations in relation to niches/gaps for the further programme development are formulated.
More detailed Terms of Reference will be provided upon request.
Selection of consultant: November 2019
Preparation Phase: December 2019
Data collection Phase: January 2020 (4-5 days per country)
Reporting, including presentation in Cologne: February 2020
We encourage individual consultants or consultant teams with the following expertise to submit an application for this consultancy:
- At least 5 years of experiences of conducting qualitative research and assessments
- Experience in conducting policy, institutional and stakeholder analysis
- Experience in assessing capacity development needs, gaps in service delivery, areas of strengthening, and best practice approaches
- Regional knowledge (Liberia, Sierra Leone and/or Côte d'Ivoire)
- Specific experience in the area of S/GBV prevention and response programming in conflict and post-conflict settings
- Specific experience in the area psychosocial work and empowerment approaches in the field of violence against women and girls
- Working experience and preferably relevant contacts and networks in the region
- Commitment to a women-centered and empowering approach
- High degree of cross-cultural sensitivity
- Structured working style, excellent analytical skills
- Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills in English and French
- Ability to travel to Liberia, Sierra Leone and Côte d'Ivoire
For team-consultancies: One consultant will be the main responsible person to medica mondiale and will take the lead responsibility for methodology, process and reporting. We appreciate applications from regional consultant teams and/or institutions.
Please email your application (CV in English, cover letter and references not exceeding 2MB) including your package proposal (technical and financial offer including ALL costs), with the subject “Stakeholders West Africa” until November 6, 2019 by 8 am at the latest to:
We will not send acknowledgements of receipt. Only short listed/successful candidates will be contacted.
Further information on medica mondiale can be found on our website: