The Global Coffee Platform is looking for an experienced, motivated and creative Communications Manager to lead the communications work of the Global Coffee Platform, operating within a dynamic, committed and effective international team.
You will be in charge of producing high-quality content that engages members and builds brand recognition. Your work will be key to translate pressing sustainability issues into business interest and collective action, building trust and bridges between diverse public-private stakeholders in the coffee sector. Your main duties will include creating informative content, press releases, articles, and media opportunities to share our organizations’ work and value and to contribute ideas to the development of our organization.
Key responsibilities of the Communications Manager include:
- Develop and deliver effective communication strategies that build member loyalty, brand awareness and member satisfaction as well as extend the reach, influence and online presence of the Global Coffee Platform and its broad network of Country Coffee Platforms.
- Plan and manage the production and publishing of compelling and creative communications products and marketing materials, including articles, press releases, presentation slides and speaker notes, videos and our monthly GCP Espresso newsletter.
- Maintain and further develop GCP’s communications channels, including GCP’s website and social media platforms in close cooperation with colleagues.
- Collaborate with external communication consultants and service providers as necessary through oversight of communications tasks, delegation of work, smooth and efficient delivery on time.
- Collaborate with colleagues of our international team and the diverse Country Platforms, particularly to align and amplify global communication efforts and to create communication and marketing strategies for new GCP initiatives, tools, events.
- Proactively develop relationships with selected external specialists particularly from coffee media that are strategic to increasing our reach and influence.
- Coordinate the organization of GCP’s Membership Assembly, and coffee sustainability conferences