About Generations for Peace
Generations For Peace is a leading global non-profit peace-building organisation with its headquarters in Amman, Jordan. They are dedicated to sustainable conflict transformation at the grass roots in communities, by promoting youth leadership, community empowerment, active tolerance, and responsible citizenship. They are a volunteer movement, empowering, mentoring and supporting volunteers to be change-makers to create a better future in their own communities.
Since 2007, Generations For Peace have trained and mentored more than 10,689 volunteer leaders of youth in 50 countries in the Middle East, Africa, Asia, and Europe. Their ongoing programmes address local issues of conflict and violence, and have touched the lives of more than 479,817 children, youth and adults.
They use sport as an entry point to engage with youth, and their carefully-facilitated sport-based games provide a vehicle for integrated education and behaviour change. Generations For Peace is the only peace-through-sport organisation officially recognised by the International Olympic Committee. In addition to our sport-based approaches, we have also developed arts, advocacy, dialogue, and empowerment activities to support conflict transformation with children, youth, and adults in different contexts.
Reporting to the CEO, the Communications Director is responsible for leading and developing the Communications Department to craft proactive, innovative and compelling communication and engagement in a mix of channels with our volunteers, donors and partners to share compelling stories to inform, motivate, inspire, and call to action. Communications will follow best practices in content marketing, and will maximise leverage of media, social media, website, blog, email direct marketing, and other external platforms, linking with our partners’ communications wherever possible to exploit a multiplier effect.
This role requires technical knowledge, experience and confidence across the range of communications, content marketing and brand development functions; as well as high emotional intelligence to lead, manage, support and develop the team, and the coordination of its work with colleagues in other departments – especially Programmes, Institute, and Fundraising teams – to maximise the contribution to our collective mission.
- At least 9 years’ professional experience in non-profit communications and engagement.
- Experience in content marketing, website and social media development.
- Experience in email direct marketing.
- Experience in crowdfunding campaigns.
- Experience drafting high quality communications in different formats.
- Experience working with communications agents and consultants.
- Experience in event management and coordination.
- Experience in leading, managing, and building the capacity of a team.
- Excellent active listening, problem solving, client management, customer service, and crisis response skills.
- Excellent computer skills (documents/spreadsheets/databases/presentations/multi-media/calendars/email).
- Excellent spoken and written English and Arabic, at highest standard of public communications.
- Cultural sensitivity and understanding of different interpretations of communications approaches in different global, regional, and local contexts.
- Interest in global current affairs, conflict resolution and peace building, and international development.
- Proven ability to fit into a young, diverse, dynamic team as a team player, leader, mentor, and capacity-builder.
University Bachelor’s Degree minimum, in a relevant discipline is essential.
A masters degree in a relevant discipline is preferred.
Interested in this role? To find out more and to apply: http://oxfordhr.co.uk/jobs/communications-director/
Located in Amman Jordan
Closing date: 22nd August