Campaigner for Sustainable Consumption and Production (SCP)
We are calling for a
for Sustainable Consumption and Production (SCP)
IFOAM - Organics International is an NGO that promotes truly sustainable food production systems through the uptake of organic agriculture. We advocate for a holistic approach to food production based on the principles of health, ecology, fairness and care. Founded in 1972 we occupy an unchallenged position as the global umbrella organization for the organic world.
It’s an exciting time to join our team. As part of our new organizational strategy, the communications department is building up its campaigning activities. To support our team in this, we are looking for a Campaigner. You will design, lead, implement and evaluate assigned campaigns within our strategy and with guidance of the communications manager. You will also lead fundraising and partnership building for the assigned campaigns. You will work in close liaison with project partners in various countries to achieve campaign goals for real change. Moreover, you will provide specialized campaign expertise in our ongoing or new campaign projects and contribute to other communications activities of the organization.
You will join a team of six, at the Head Office of IFOAM – Organics International in Bonn, Germany, and report to the Communications Manager.
- Strategic development and day-to-day operational management of existing and new campaign projects to ensure specific campaign outputs and departmental objectives;
- Establish and maintain partnerships and professional working relations with project partners, focus countries, external stakeholders and service providers;
- Fundraising for existing and new campaigns in collaboration with the management;
- Preparation of briefings and communications on specific campaign issues, progress and outcomes;
- Research and development of reports, articles, factsheets, web content, press materials, action alerts and other campaign materials;
- Development and release of creative and effective campaign messages in smart ways;
- Organization and mobilization of a broad, diverse and powerful base of supporters and allies;
- Organization of events such as panel discussions, film screenings, rallies, media events and represent IFOAM – Organics International, when required;
- Development and implementation of fundraising activities to secure funding;
- Response to public and media inquiries about campaign issues and other matters.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Educated to degree level with 7+ years of overall professional experience, including at least 3 years of experience in campaigning;
- High computer literacy with a good grasp of social media and its relevance in a campaigning context;
- Skilled in building effective concepts and creating momentum for multi stakeholder campaigns;
- Experience in using (corporate) funding opportunities and the ability to produce concise and creative bids;
- Excellent writing and speaking skills for campaign contents and messages;
- Experience in campaign design and management, monitoring implementation and budgets;
- Experience with strategic (corporate) engagement, campaign development and implementation;
- A very good understanding of the organic agriculture sector and of issues around sustainable consumption and production;
- Fluency in English, additional languages (e.g. German, French and/or Spanish) valued.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at once in a self-directed manner,
- Ability to work and lead action in coordination with a diverse group of partners;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to inspire trust and respect among colleagues and external partners;
- An understanding of how campaigning can achieve change and the ability to devise innovative, high quality campaigns communications;
- Proactive team player, able to work collaboratively as part of a multicultural and interdisciplinary team;
- Ability to view issues related to (sustainable) food production and consumption in terms of campaign opportunities and strategic objectives.
We offer a full-time (40 hours a week) position in a dynamic and multicultural team of a well established, but growing, international organization. A two-year contract, with the possibility of expansion, is foreseen for this position.
How to Apply
Electronic applications should be submitted to email@example.com. Applications should include a cover letter, work certificates and your CV, and indicate the names and contact details of two professional references, the information about how you did come across this open position as well as your salary expectations in euro.
Only complete applications will be considered, until the position is filled.