Business Development Manager
Scope Global – People Focused Programs
Scope Global delivers international development, education and training projects, programs and services that benefit the Asia-Pacific region, Australia and South Australia.
Scope Global is headquartered in Adelaide, South Australia. We consider ourselves as agents of change: helping people to positively change their world by facilitating study and professional development opportunities and assisting governments and communities to improve the lives of their citizens and members.
Our key clients include the Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and Department of Education and Training, governments in other Asia-Pacific countries, the Asian Development Bank and various universities and educational institutions.
- One Team Culture – we collaborate and work towards shared goals
- Social Change – we believe that our daily work makes a difference in people’s lives – internationally, nationally and in South Australia
- Sustainable Growth – we are determined to innovate and grow our business into the future, in ways that make us proud
- Client Focused – we strive to exceed internal and external client expectations
- High Performance – we attract and develop diverse and passionate people capable of exceptional performance
About the opportunity:
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a high performing team that leads Scope Global in defending existing contracts and extending our capability by winning new business.
- Position reports to: Senior Manager, Business and Market Development
- Location: Flexible. Remote work can be accommodated and we encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates
- Contract type: Full-time, ongoing (with flexible work arrangements possible)
For more information please view the job and person specification.
Key performance indicators:
- New opportunities identified in order to meet annual targets
- Effective relationships with key stakeholders (internal and external) are developed and maintained to positively influence Scope Global’s performance
- Leading/contributing to successful bids
- Efficient handover of projects for implementation
- Promotion of a positive Scope Team culture
- Improved service delivery and performance
- Demonstrated knowledge of the international development and/or education sectors
- Proven experience developing tender submissions and proposals, preferably with the Australian Government Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)
- High level communication skills and excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to think analytically, undertake research and investigation, map and engage with stakeholders and ‘join up the dots’
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Ability to work under pressure, to meet (hard) deadlines
What we offer:
- Exciting international context with opportunities for international travel in this role
- Friendly, positive, high performance organisational culture
- Meaningful and challenging work that makes a difference in the world, inspiring and connecting us
- Highly diverse and inclusive workforce with employees and program participants across over 50 countries, a focus on disability inclusive development, a Reconciliation Working Group, and equal opportunity to excel
- Flexible working environment including paid parental leave, paid domestic violence leave, job share arrangements, and a flexible work policy
- Employees are empowered to lead their own learning and development journey through online platforms, on the job experiences, and lunchtime learning sessions
- Adelaide city-fringe location with onsite parking
Visit https://scopeglobal.bamboohr.com/jobs/ to find out more about the role and to submit your online application (upload cover letter and CV, and address the selection criteria listed on the system).
Applications will close Sunday 24th March. Please note that only applications submitted via our online system will be considered.
Scope Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we pride ourselves on our diverse and inclusive workforce. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect for all employees, and we encourage people from different backgrounds to apply (including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from different cultural backgrounds and people with disabilities).
Scope Global is a child safe organisation and will ask all applicants to undergo our child safe recruitment procedures. All employees and representatives must sign and agree to conform to the Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct as a condition of employment/engagement with the organisation.