Business Development Director
Every1Mobile is looking for an exceptional Business Development Director (BDD) to join our creative, multicultural and multidisciplinary team, and to work with a successful start-up organisation that makes a real difference to the lives of people across Sub-Saharan Africa and beyond. The BDD will lead the development and implementation of Every1Mobile’s sales strategy, and the international business development and pre-sales team. The role will work closely with the CEO to achieve or exceed the company’s annual sales targets.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a highly targeted, relationship orientated sales strategy in collaboration with the CEO and COO to position the company with key implementers and donors as the go-to digital social impact company.
- Establish strong relationships with clients and donors at a strategic as well as at an operational level.
- Implement a reporting and monitoring framework to enable the sales team to work efficiently and effectively.
- Increase the profile of Every1Mobile through delivery of targeted marketing and communications activities.
- A strong understanding of the international development sector and a proven personal commitment to social impact.
- An excellent track record of winning large contracts, ideally from major implementers and donors, within the development sector.
- Strong knowledge of DFID and other donor strategies, agendas, RFP processes and funding mechanisms.
- Experience of working with international development implementers (such as Chemonics, DAI).
- Excellent prospecting, presentation, networking, negotiation and closing skills.
- The ability independently to create opportunities, identify new business,and create new relationships.
- Exceptional team leadership and management skills.
- Readiness to work in a fast-paced collaborative ‘start-up’ culture.
- Cultural sensitivity and the versatility to work with people from different backgrounds and countries.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Excellent command of English – written and spoken.
- A strong interest in the digital agenda and its potential to improve lives.