SNV seeks an experienced Budget Officer (costing/pricing specialist) to join their Global Business Development team. The team is focused on supporting our Global Sector teams (Agriculture, Energy and WASH) and 20+ Country teams in achieving SNV’s business development targets defined on SNV’s Strategic Plan 2019-2022. The position will report to the Business Development Coordinator.
Key responsibilities include:
- Review donor requirements (fee/cost based, eligible/ineligible costs, direct/ indirect costs) and guide sector/country/proposal teams on key requirements to consider for bid decisions, including financial risks.
- Lead budget (cost proposal) development for priority proposals, working closely with proposal team members and country staff, guiding/assessing work planning, cost estimates, and developing (winning) pricing strategies;
- Review proposal budgets to ensure they effectively meet donor requirements as well as SNV’s internal costing and pricing guidelines for full cost recovery.
- Closely support proposal teams during the negotiation and contracting process;
- For successful contract awards, assist Project Managers and Contract Administrators to interpret, plan and organize approved project budgets, including donor specific terms and conditions;
- Develop budgeting tools and briefs, including FAQs, templates and guidelines for key donors (and training staff), and assist in developing new approaches to respond to innovative donor financing mechanisms.
- Focus on quality and result-oriented
- Capacity to develop conceptual thinking by gaining insight into situations, problems and processes. Used to deconstruct problems and systematically investigating the various components
- Proactive, independent work approach and a high attention to detail and accuracy given the nature of the role.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines supporting multiple proposals and often shifting demands;
- An advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills. Fluency in French is a plus.
- University degree in accounting, business, finance or similar field;
- At least 3 years of work experience in developing and analysing budgets and financial proposals;
- Experience in proposal budgeting (tenders/service contracts and/or grants) in the international development sector (preferably with 1 or more of the following Donors: DGIS/EKN, European Union, FCDO, USAID, SDC, SIDA, ENDEV).