Benin Country Lead for Green Innovation Project
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
For our operations in Cotonou/Benin, we are looking for an
Head (m/f/d) of the country package Benin in the global project “Green Innovation Centres in the agriculture and food sector”
Almost 2 billion people worldwide are at risk of malnutrition and over 8 million people suffer from hunger and malnutrition, especially in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa. In order to face these challenges and fight the causes, the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) has launched the special initiative 'ONE WORLD WITHOUT HUNGER'. The Benin country package is part of the global project "Green Innovation Centres in the Agricultural and Food Sector", which is being implemented as part of this special initiative. It aims to contribute to sustainable rural development through innovation in selected regions of Benin. The project's central starting point is the promotion of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs), small farms and the strengthening of farmers' organizations and associations along the sofa, rice and poultry value chains. The DC priority area of agriculture will be discontinued in the coming years at the request of partners; a new priority area will be set up for this purpose under the heading "Training and sustainable growth for good jobs". It is planned to transfer approaches by the Green Innovation Centre Benin to promote an employment-oriented private sector to the new priority area.
- Overall responsibility for the implementation of the planned measures as well as for the implementation of the attached country packages of the global project "Agricultural Policy Advisory Fund" and the sector project "Trade Fund" and the country measure of the global project “Africa Cloud”
- Management, financial management and technical and conceptual control of the country package
- Impact monitoring and reporting to the person(s) responsible for the contract in Germany
- Management of a team of currently 41 employees* and personnel management responsibility
- External presentation in agreement with the steering unit in Bonn and the GIZ Benin as well as agreement and coordination with the cluster "Green Sector in Benin
- Thematic coordination with the relevant projects of German Development Cooperation and other donors, particularly in the field of national policy advice, private sector promotion in the agricultural and food sector, value chain promotion, agricultural financing and organic farming
- Advice to Beninese partner structures on innovative approaches, MSME promotion and job-creating measures in the agricultural and food sector
- Support in the preparation of new projects in the priority area of training and sustainable growth for good jobs in the field of vocational training and private sector promotion, taking into account the approaches of the Green Innovation Centre
- University degree in economics, business administration, agricultural economics or social sciences related to rural development, sustainable economic development, vocational training or a related field
- Several years of experience in the management of projects in the context of international and/or development cooperation, ideally in French-speaking Africa
- Several years of management experience
- High conceptual skills and strong implementation orientation
- Good knowledge of agricultural value chains, agribusiness, employment and private sector development
- Strong intercultural and political sensitivity as well as diplomatic skills and confident demeanour
- Excellent cooperation and networking skills as well as a high degree of flexibility and commitment
- Business fluent in English and French, good German language skills are an advantage
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 01/28/2021.
For further information:
You can find this job under the Job-ID P1533V3617.