- 6 Month - Maternity Leave Contract
- Based in Hanoi, Vietnam
Aus4Skills is the main vehicle to realise the Australian Government’s commitment to improve the quality of Vietnam’s human resources. It is a five-year program which commenced on 1 February 2016. Aus4Skills manages the Australia Awards Scholarships and the implementation of five HRD Components focussing on the development and application of new skills and knowledge acquired by Program participants and the enabling environments for their application, as well as strengthening organisational links between Australia and Vietnam in priority sectors.
Australia Awards Scholarships are fully paid scholarships available to Vietnamese for Master studies at prestigious Australian universities in priority areas of study. Applicants are assessed for their professional and personal qualities, academic competence and, most importantly, their potential to contribute to development in Vietnam.
A key focus of Aus4Skills is to provide support to Australia Awards alumni and other alumni of Australian education to enhance their skills and knowledge learnt in Australia and/or Vietnam. This will enhance alumni capacity to contribute to the development of their sector, community and more broadly Vietnam and strengthen their links with Australia. Alumni support aligns with the Australia Alumni Global Engagement Strategy 2015-2020 and the Australian Alumni in Vietnam Strategy 2016-2021 developed with Aus4Skills assistance to implement the Global Strategy.
The Awards Officer will carry out the administrative tasks for the Promotion, Selection, Placement and Mobilisation processes of the Australia Awards Scholarships and provide support as required for non-scholarship HRD and Communication activities.
Reserved for Vietnamese Citizens
Reporting to the Scholarships Manager of Australia Awards Scholarships (AAS)
Key duties will include:
- Participate in promotion activities and in the screening and selection process for AAS
- Liaise with AAS awardees to ensure awardees’ supporting documents and information are up-to-date allowing for successful placement and mobilisation
- Booking IELTS placement tests and preparing results lists
- Preparing AAS awardees Letters of Offers and No Objection Letters
- Arrange medical testing for awardees and review visa applications and prepare documents for visa processing
- Manage travel arrangements and logistics arrangements for Placement, Mobilisation and Pre-departure briefings
- Ensure that gender equality, disability and social inclusion is effectively mainstreamed and addressed for all other supported activities
- Provide administrative support as required by the Program Director and Deputy Program Director
We are seeking applicants with tertiary qualifications in a relevant field. You must demonstrate substantial experience in general office administration including database management and have a high level of competence in office packages such as Excel, Access and Word. To be successful in this role you will ideally have knowledge of the Australian university system and have experience in coordinating event functions and workshops and using social media initiatives including Facebook and Linked In. You will have strong interpersonal and networking skills and a good track record in working effectively in a team. The successful candidate will have excellent organisational skills, be able to prioritise workload, have a proactive approach to meeting deadlines with limited supervision, and possess a creative and innovative approach.
How to Apply
For a detailed position description and to apply for this position please visit www.coffey.com/careers click on ‘career opportunities’ and search for the reference number 497484
Applications close 5.00pm (Vietnam time) 6th December 2018
For further enquires please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org